icon

windows rollup module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ksgonzo 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2011 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  

Hi I have a 1996 VW Polo (UK). I recently bought an alarm and a seperate rollup module. I hooked up the alarm with no problems. I then hooked up the rollup module as specified but it won't work. Windows will roll up and down with contact on normaly, but when arming the alarm they wont rollup. I checked the "-" pulse from the alarm, when armed, it sends a "-" pulse for about 10s then shuts of. I checked the window motor wires, on contact, BOTH wires are +, when pressing the switch (up or down) one of them looses +.

The module has the following wires
-. Yellow (- pulse form alarm)
-. White (to starter killer)(NOT USED)
-. Red (Battery)
-. Black (Neg)
-. Green, Blue (Between switch and motor L)
-. GREEN / WHITE, Blue/White (Between switch and motor R)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karl
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2011 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
Wire the roll-up module for "pos at rest". Older Vauxhall Novas and Mercedes used the same system.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2011 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
Or take two relays, cut the BLACK / YELLOW wires or whatever wires power the switches when you turn on the ignition, then on each relay, 87 and 86 from supply side, 87a and 85 to ground (earth) 30 to switch.
Then wire the module as per instructions above.
This converts the window system to NEG at rest and your module will then work. Mkll Golfs had the same awful system.
ksgonzo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks HowieII
I'm kindda new at this DIY electronic things, You explained yourself but I don't quite get the picture... windows rollup module -- posted image.
Any diagrams on what I'm supposed to do?? How do I change the module to POS on standby??
Thnaks!!!!
Karl
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  
What do you mean by POS on standby*. If the module was any good such as DEI 529t, or some of the Italian product, Laserline, Scorpio it would have given you those relay instructions.
* The idea of the relay (or relays if you have separate 12v+ power supplies is that when the ignition is on those relays are triggered they are pos at rest and will work normally. When the ignition is off, the relays go to off or normally closed and the window lifter sees a ground (earth) at rest and it will do it's job.
Nothing else to explain.
The yellow wire will either be connected to your alarm's GWA wire (a wire that goes to ground (0v) when the alarm is activated or a NEG door lock pulse. 10 seconds is more than adequate time to close 2 windows.
It takes 3-4 secs. on my old Nissan.
Set it up and test by flashing that yellow to ground with the ignition key removed.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 3:10 AM / IP Logged  
Trying to remember but I think the door lock pulse was pos on those vehicles so here's your answer, actually 2:
Give me a wiring list for the alarm.
Use a third relay, lock pulse to 86, ground to 85 and 87, 30 to window closer, 87a not used.
ksgonzo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  

Here's a diagram of the connections I've made.

The "-" Pulse for the module is provided by the alarms "rollup module wire" which sends a 10s "-" pulse when it is armed.
With the following wiring, the module WON'T work.
THANKS

windows rollup module -- posted image.

Karl
ksgonzo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
The alarm came with NEG door lock trigger which I had to change to POS with relays since the car uses a POS pneumatic system. That works fine.
Karl
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
What's the point of that nice diagram if you haven't added the relay on the ignition power feed line. It won't work until you do that as I've ALREADY explained.
ksgonzo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry Howie windows rollup module -- posted image.

Is this what I'm supposed to do??

windows rollup module -- posted image.

Karl
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic