the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 silverado remote start/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

bjwelch76 wrote:
Ok. I checked all of the connections and they are ok. When I try to autostart it now, the engine turns over for about 2 seconds, never cranks, and the autopage remote lights up and says "engine running"....even though the engine is not running.

A bit confused on your symptoms.  When you press the Start button, the ignition circuits should energize ( dash lights up ), then the starter motor should crank the engine, once the engine is running the starter should dis-engage and the engine should continue running for the  20 minute ( default ) run time.   In Tach Mode, which is typically the most reliable way to start an engine, the Remote Starter monitors a pre-established signal to determine how long to crank the engines' starter motor.  This Tach signal usually comes from the coil or a fuel injector.  On your AutoPage RS1100, I believe it is the WHITE/ Red wire on the 22 Pin connector that is connected to the vehicles chosen tach source.  Performing the Tach Learn process establishes this tach reference for use by the RS1100 when starting the engine.

Soldering is fun!
bjwelch76 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

Granting the fact that I know absolutely zero about alarm installs and even less about the bypass module, I do, however, have extensive experience in vehicle repair.

I may be totally wrong here, but It seems to me that the remote starter is functioning as it should, but the Passlock bypass is failing and not allowing the engine to run. Is there a way to test this bypass module to see if it is even functioning properly?

bjwelch76 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Also, everything is functioning fine from the accessory connection (the blower motor/heater etc) after the autopage states that the engine is running. All of the accessory functions run, and if you touch the brake pedal all of the accessories shut off like they should, except for the minor situation of the engine not running. Cranks fine with the key though.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2011 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  

Once again, any "Security" type indicators lighting up on the instrument panel during the attempted remote start?

Passlock2 turns off the fuel pump, so the remote starter should cause the vehicles starter motor to crank the engine.  Does the starter motor run and crank the engine?

Will the vehicle continue to idle if you start it with the key and do the "Temporary Stop" procedure ( aka "Pit Stop" mode ) ?

C. TEMPORARY STOP FEATURE:

This feature allows the vehicle to remain running after the key has been removed from the ignition. This
feature is useful for occasions when you wish to exit and lock the vehicle for short periods of time, but would
like to leave the motor running and the climate control on.
1. Before turning off the engine, press the button on the transmitter. Twice if safety start has been
programmed. The LED indicator will flash 3 times to confirm.
2.Turn the ignition key to OFF position. (The engine will stay running.)
3.The engine will run until the pre-programmed time elapsed or a shutdown input is received.

This will verify if the ignition wiring is correct.

Soldering is fun!
bjwelch76 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2011 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
I'll go sit in it and try to remote start it on my lunch break to see what happens. I'm looking to see if the security light flashes during remote start process, correct?
bjwelch76 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2011 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  

And I'll try the temp stop thing too.

Stay tuned......more to come 2001 silverado remote start/alarm - Page 2 -- posted image.

groundzero2010 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2011 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

Just curious...Where did you pick up your tach wire and when following the tach learn process did everything learn as expected? Usually there will be a tach learn successful LED sequence or the parking lights are suppose to flash a certain number of times. I'm not familiar with the Autopage systems.

By the way, it was brought to my attention, on your abbreviation for circuit you use "CKT". There is not "K" in circuit. Should this possibly be CCT? - R. Robson
hahahahahahaha
bjwelch76 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2011 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  

Tach wire was picked up coming out of the cluster. Tach program was successful.

No security light during autostart attempt

Temporary stop mode would not engage either.

groundzero2010 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2011 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
The pit stop mode should send 12v to your truck ignition wire so when you remove the key it still thinks the ignition is on. Sounds like you may have some issues with your main power harness.
By the way, it was brought to my attention, on your abbreviation for circuit you use "CKT". There is not "K" in circuit. Should this possibly be CCT? - R. Robson
hahahahahahaha
kreg357 
Posted: October 25, 2011 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  

Here is another tach signal source ( 2002 Silverado V-8 )

2001 silverado remote start/alarm - Page 2 -- posted image.

Perhaps you could list your ignition wire connections.  Here is a photo :

2001 silverado remote start/alarm - Page 2 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic