icon

clifford 50.7x vs clifford 1.3x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rgullett83 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2011 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  

thanks smokeman1, I will double check my heavy guage wiring again.  as far as entering programming mode, and having a door trigger, the idatalink should provide signal to the r/s module that the door is open correct?

rgullett83 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2011 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  

all soldered in, locks work, remote start works.  However I have a toggle switch wired to the PURPLE / black wire on the idatalink, connected to ground, to run the heated seats upon a remote start, but they do not turn on unless i toggle the switch.  any suggestions?

smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2011 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

Not sure. Never used an iDataLink. On page 6 of the bypass instructions is a Note about heated accessories using the PURPLE / black wire.  I don't think you should be using the toggle switch.  Suprised it starts without it plugged in to the Clifford brain.

What diagram for the idatalink are you using?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
rgullett83 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2011 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
the idatalink is plugged in to the clifford, but I had to hard wire the the door lock/unlock outputs, door triggers, and ign 1 input for the idatalink.  It wouldnt work in data to data mode.  I used a switch as shown in the idatalinks instructions, to break the circuit for warm weather, when you would not heated seats on during a remote start.  I dont have a tach input, but have not had any issues with it remote starting, except for once, it didnt crank long enuff on the first attempt to start, but did on the second attempt.
rgullett83 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2011 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
also, thanks for the help so far smokeman
jonyb 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2011 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

rgullett, what part of Illinois are you from?  I'm 3 miles south of the Southern-most tip of Illinois, in KY, if you need a hand.

the idata module is a good one.  You've done right with the switch.  When the switch is on, heated seats are activated on remote start.  When it's off, they aren't activated. 

What other problems are you having?

Which idata module did you have?  If it was in the reddish/orange box, you have to hard-wire all connections.  If it was in a green box, you can use the data cable (rs232).  When you use the data cable, all the dotted lines, and red lines don't have to be connected to the remote start, only using wires that go out to the truck, and also the other wires from the remote start brain that are required.

rgullett83 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2011 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
I am in robinson.  No problems other than the heated seats dont turn on with remote start, I have the PURPLE / black wire hooked up to a switch and ground, if I toggle the switch they will turn on. I have the ads alsl gm1, I think its the solo series i used the data cable, but still hardwired the rest, except tach output. I had some issues figuring out the quick reference guide's wiring, it was kind of vague from my point of view, a full install manual would have been nice.  By the way I went with this setup after reading a thread on dieselplace, that you provided a lot of good info in.
jonyb 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2011 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  

You should be able to leave the toggle on all Winter.  When it's on, the seats should activate on remote start everytime.  At least that's how it works in my truck.

I've been trying to get some answers on idata's forums about whether or not to connect the wires that are red in the legend.  They also show that the RS232 port is available on the Solo Series modules, but they can't be wired that way.  That may be where you had the trouble.

John Bauer
Pro Installz
Paducah, KY
rgullett83 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2011 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
I still used the rs 232 port, and hardwired the rest, maybe that is causing me some issues, but not for sure.  I have a question about the pit stop mode, set the e brake, activate the remote start with the key fob, remove key and get out of the vehicle, and it shuts off about 10 sec after the key is removed, and then goes ahead and remote starts.  I am a little confused by that got any suggestions?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic