Favorite SQ decks...

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2003 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
Nakamichi = Nak...
and you probably do have Nak if you look around...
the European market doesnt seem to have near as much Japanese products in it as we get over here...you guys have alot more of your own stuff over there...
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2003 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
Although I'm still far from having the $'s to get a new HU, any thoughts on the Alpine 7995, 9815, or 7998?
I have to admit, the 7990 is a very clean looking unit, but I can't justify $3000 for a headunit! That is of course anyone wants to front a loan Favorite SQ decks... - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
Tcole 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2003 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
While we are on the topic of MP3 players.
I need a new head unit but I think I am going to opt out of the MP3 format. When I first started shopping for a new head unit I was shocked to find out that on most players you have to rifle through the numbered tracks to find the one you want.
I think manufacturers need to put more time into MP3 recievers and come with a good interface. They need to supply a display that you can scroll through the file names, I would say about ten files at a time. Finding a track in 160 files isnt easy work, by the time you do you are already at your destination.
Any thoughts
Tat2sink 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2003 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
I'm very pleased with my Clarion Pro Audio HX-D10.
Xplocivic 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2003 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

I guess I'm the first to endorse Kenwood.  I'm on my second Kenwood deck and I actually just got it today.  Its the KDC-MP922. 

Favorite SQ decks... - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

This deck sounds GREAT!  I actually run all Kenwood electronics in my CIvic, with RF subs and Sony speakers.  This deck has so many grea attributes, including Kenwood's new SRS WOW function, which really bumps up the SQ.  At $500 retail, its got to be one of the best bang or bump-for-the-buck deals out there.  I'm happy with it.

orionmeades 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2003 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  

i would have to say its a tie between the alpine and the mcintosh...both are increditable decks

Simplemitch 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2003 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
McIntosh would seriously kick ass. They've taken the sinfully precise accuracy of their home hi-fi and smooshed it into sexy lil' trunk (and dash) size packets. Survey sez...... TUBE AMPS!!!!!!!!!  Yeah buddy!!! But..... until i find that stray suitcase with a cool million in it i'll make do with my Clarion 9575z. Say, since were on SQ.... what about amps?  Whats the thoughts on Xtant? (I work for an MTX dealer and we can pick-and-piece Xtant stuff....thinking bout gettin one).
Mitchell Whitney, Installer/technician
Mainstreet A/V
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2003 at 4:27 AM / IP Logged  
first of all, the Macs are Clarion decks...built by Clarion to Macs specs...the Mac MX406 and the Clarion 9255 are the same deck inside...they even look alot alike on the outside...
secondly, the 9575 isnt a bad deck at all...when my friend and I were conducting an audio experiment, we tried quickly interchanging my Clarion for his Nak 45Z and to be honest, there wasnt much of a difference...not that I could tell...I was quite happy that my deck had just as strong of preamp as his Nak...
and as far as Xtant amps go, they are fairly nice amps...I used a 302A once long ago and it sounded pretty nice in my car...however, I have had some problems with the X1001...like their inability to sustain a 1 ohm load (like they were claimed to) and how much they cost for what they are...but all in all, if you buy their class a/b amps, you wont be doing yourself any disservice...
take a peek at the Xtant Hex12 subs if you can pick and piece their stuff...they are a very nice sounding sub and they hit pretty hard too...I wouldnt be surprised to see over 150db in the right box...that is my goal right now with a pair of the Hex 12s...been playing with different boxes recently, but I have heard of a guy hitting 152 in a 3.5 cube ported box (for 2) tuned to 28Hz...we will see I guess...
if it doesnt do well, I guess I will hafta break out the Stroker18 again and go scare some more people Favorite SQ decks... - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
bumpndanight 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2003 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
ok since oppinions are like a"" holes... im going for the oldschool PREMIER P1R ( CIRCA 1998)the p1r had the standard hi mid and bass or the professional mode .. god that deck was a pain but if u tweaked it right there wasnt anything that could outperform it in sq.. fully adjustable from 20 hz to 25000 with sweeps and phase that took a master mecp installer hours to perect.. IF ANY ONE HAS ONE IN GOOD SHAPE EMAIL ME BUMPNDANIGHT@YAHOO.COM
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 4:20 AM / IP Logged  
just like u said bump, opinions are like assh0les...
and there is a common opinion that the P1R can be far outperformed by many decks available to the market today...even Pioneers old ODR system had superior SQ, as well as Sonys XES and Clarions ADCS system...
the P1R was a nice deck, but I dont think it ranks in my top 10 even as far as SQ goes...
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic