the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

prestige remote starter in 2004 caravan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  

Did the PKUCG2X bypass program in accordance with the install guide?

Can't help too much with the APS 901C R/S and its' programming, etc.  Not one of my brands.  I believe there are forum members that use them and can assist.

Soldering is fun!
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

I haven't been on in some time...Maybe I can help.

Kreg is correct--you need to confirm the bypass is programmed properly. 

Next:

1.)   Just to touch on the wiring, how did you hook up the parking lights?   Per Kreg's earlier post, the parking lights need to be hooked up through a 2K (or 2000 OHM) resistor; I believe Kreg had listed 2000K--a typo.   Refer to this diagram for parking light hookup: http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_CARAVAN_CHRYSLER%20PARKING%20LIGHT%20DIAGRAM.pdf   The hookup also requires a relay for isolation.  If the parking lights are not wired properly, or with a resistor that is too large (i.e., 2000K or 2M OHMS), you won't get parking lights, but will just hear the APS901's parking light relay flash.

2.) What is happening when you press the APS901C's remote?  If you hold the remote button down, the parking lights just flash--this is a car finder mode.   If you press the remote 2x in sucession for remote start, does the unit just click?  How do yout have "input check" set?  it is default to Tach.

Generally, when a remote start attempt is made with APS901C without first learning tach, the parking lights flash 7x, indicating that the unit has not "learned" the tach signal.   I would make sure the parking lights are wired correctly, and then try setting the input check to "voltage"  and retry. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as setting the input check, put the key in the ignition and turn it to the "on" position.  Press the programming button on the antenna 3x (the parking lights should flash once, and the LED on the antenna should flash).  Turn the ignition off, then back to "on" (this puts you into programming bank 2).  Then turn the ignition to off and then to "on" once again--you are now in programming bank 3.  Now press the programming switch on the antenna five times.  The parking lights will flash each time you press, reflecting the feature setting that is configured, and the LED will reflect the feature.    For example, when you are in bank 2, press the programming button 1x.  The parking lights will flash twice (reflecting 10minute run time default setting), and the LED will flash 1x slowly, indicating the first feature.  

When you press the button the 5th time, parking lights will flash 2x, indicating the tach setting (default), and the LED will blink 5x, off, 5x, etc.,  indicating the 5th feature is selected.

Now press the remote button once to select DBI tach, and a second time to select voltage.  Each selection causes the parking lights to flash (3x for DBI Tach, 1x for Voltage).

You can exit programming mode by turning the key off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once your bypass is properly programmed, the Parking lights are correctly wired, and the APS901 is configured for Voltage, try the remote start again.

Lectric Guy
jcampbell490 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much lectricguy. I put a 2k Ohm resistor on the parking lights (no relay yet...don't want to get ahead of myself) and the lights work now. The tach issue was resolved when I connected it to a fuel injector wire. The remote start now works....only the bypass is not programmed properly and I've followed the directions to the T...so I thought...and no fix.
Its the Xpresskit PKUCG2X. I can get through all the steps to step 7...I put the PC Boardless key into the ignition within 20 seconds (after grounding the brown wire), but I don't get the chime or light that comes on for 3 seconds.
I'm following "Install B" and the wiring is as follows:
Bypass Side
Brown to Lt Blue of RS
Green to Yellow of Vehicle (starter)
Violet/White to Violet/Brown of Vehicle BCM Side (wire is cut)
Violet to Violet/Brown of Vehicle Key Side
Pink/White to RS BLACK/ Blue "Pulsed Ground output Before Start"
Pink to Blue of 6 pin harness on RS
Red to Vehicle Battery
Black to Vehicle Ground
Do you know what I'm doing wrong?
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
To program that bypass in the past, I've opened up the bypass(single Phillips screw under the label on the back, just poke through the label with the screwdriver)and taken the circuit board out. You can see the transponder on the bypasses circuit board, its standing up like a black little tower. It Possibly has hot glue around it. After you turn the 2nd key, you have 60 seconds. So, what I like to do is when the second key comes out, I stick the little transponder "tower" Into the space where the key would go(key cylinder) and hold it there, THEN while holding it in that spot apply power to the ignition wire with a jumper. Continue to hold it with the transponder "tower" in the key cylinder opening for 15-20 seconds. The car may or may not make a chiming noise at all to confirmed it learned the transponder. But, if it does chime at 10 seconds you are done regardless of how long you held it there.
Also for the jumper, I used to use a toggle switch and just flip the switch when it was time. This makes balancing everything much easier...
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I didn't realize you had the keyless remote built into caravan's key. I still open the bypass box, but make sure you have the transponder in position BEFORE you insert the key back in step 7. You do not have to have the brown wire activated, or the bypass even plugged into the harness this way. Turn the empty key while holding the transponder tower up the the key cylinder. The transponder needs to be there the whole time, and again, before the key is even inserted.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic