viper 5701 with fortin evo all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
theghostman01 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2011 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
AAAHhhhhhhh, nothing changed with or without the small gauge red wire :C
I tested the wires at the connector and all are ok but still dont know what is the problem .
About the small red wire ,it have 12v only when i turn the key its not the power to the brain in this way... i think.
I think i should return the brain to get it exchanged.
ThE GhOsTmAn01
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2011 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
The small gauge red wire on the unit or the DB-ALL? The wire on the unit should be connected to a constant 12v source. YOu can tie it in to your main heavy gauge red wire to make things easy. Your red, RED / white, RED / black, and small gauge red should see 12v at all times regardless of the key. Is that how they are currently showing? If they are, and you are still only getting 12v to the small red wire in the D2D harness then you most likely have a bad unit. But I would verify all of the 12v connections before you return the brain... otherwise you may run right back into this same problem.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2011 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
What wire do you have the red, RED / white, RED / black, and small gauge red wires connected to in the vehicle?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
theghostman01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2011 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
Hi,
for the connected wires on the alarm side : RED / red-WHITE/ red-black are connected to the 12v constant (white).
Pink to my ignition (black-yellow)
Orange to my accessory 1 (black-red)
Pink-White to my accessory 2 (white-red)
The violet and the green are connected to the cuted starter wire (black-white)
Small gauge black to my chassis (tested tested tested)
And for sure the antenna wire (1 4 pins connector + 2 2pins connector with only 1 wire in each)
the d2d wire for the db-all
And for the db-all:
wire 1 10 and 11 from the blue 14 wire connector
wire 11 from the red 12 wire connector
wire 9 from the black 10 wire connector
and for sure the d2d wire
all other wire are optional because iam in d2d and not in w2w
That is all my connection at this time but i just have to connect the small gauge red wire to the 12v constant.
Thank you. Danny
ThE GhOsTmAn01
theghostman01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2011 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
The small gauge red wire is from the alarm !
ThE GhOsTmAn01
offroadzj 
Posted: December 31, 2011 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
At a quick look it seems like you have everything connected. SO if you still are not getting any reaction from the DB-ALL then I would have to say its a bad module.
As a one last check to be 100% sure that it is the module, try hard wiring Pin 13 from the blue connector (red 12v (+)), Pin 14 from the blue connector ((-) Ground), and Pin 10 from the black connector ((-) GWR (Status) Output). Then if you still have no LED from the DB-ALL then it is definitely a bad DB-ALL.
On a side note, W2W is ALWAYS better than D2D. Although the D2D is much easier, I've seen a few issues when D2D is used. I can't say that is what is causing your problem here, but it could help prevent problems in the future. Usually wiring W2W may add a little time to the install but it can usually be done during the prepping process so it is very easy to do.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
theghostman01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2011 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I don't have any reaction from the db-all because the viper module can't manage or power the db-all by the d2d wire.
I know i can connect it by w2w but my viper module will not work neither after that.
And if i return the viper to get another one I'll try the d2d feature first.
If i can have a good viper module or find the wire problem (i dont think its a wire problem) i think the db-all module will run after.
ThE GhOsTmAn01
tbayphillium 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2012 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  

Hello Everyone,

I see this topic is a little old, but I have a question regarding the 5701 and the fortin evo all...

In the guide for the fortin, under connection 3, I am to connect the blue wire to the viper [ (-) while running].  Does anyone know which wire I tap into or where I connect to on the viper?

smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2012 at 5:34 AM / IP Logged  
Dark Blue from the 20 pin connector to the Blue 5 pin connector of the Viper
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
tbayphillium 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2012 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you!
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic