icon

viper 5701 with fortin evo all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
theghostman01 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
I am not an expert but i dont think the parking lights or the door locks will run without the db-all because its the db-all by the data that is connecting to the door lock and the parking light.
Even if i connect the db-all because i dont have any power from the alarm to it,i cant program the db-all for my car.
But i also want to say,i have cuted the starter wire and connected it to the alarm an if i disconnect the alarm module my starter have no power to start but if i connect the alarm i can, i know that the signal from my key is going thru the module to my starter when i turn the key but i dont have any power to my antenna and nothing when i push the alarm controler.
Sorry if iam not clear iam trying my best .Iam talking French normally.
ThE GhOsTmAn01
theghostman01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
theghostman01 wrote:
I am not an expert but i dont think the parking lights or the door locks will run without the db-all because its the db-all by the data that is connecting to the door lock and the parking light.
Even if i connect the db-all because i dont have any power from the alarm to it,i cant program the db-all for my car.
But i also want to say,i have cuted the starter wire and connected it to the alarm an if i disconnect the alarm module my starter have no power to start but if i connect the alarm i can, i know that the signal from my key is going thru the module to my starter when i turn the key but i dont have any power to my antenna and nothing when i push the alarm controler.
Sorry if iam not clear iam trying my best .Iam talking French normally.
I also want to tell you that the jumper on the side of the alarm is horizontal (for external data module) just in case you think that :D
ThE GhOsTmAn01
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
the DBALL does NOT get its power through the d2d port (if using w2w) on the one connector has a separate power/ground for power source.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
theghostman01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
Even if i connect all the required wires of the db-all for d2d use ,the light wont flash or power up.
Required wires for d2d option on db-all
immo data
security light ecm side
security light key side
single wire can
ignition output
finally the d2d harness of 4 wire
all is connected.
Just a question, when i connect the alarm module , do i suppose to have the antenna light flashing or something ? Even if its not programmed ?
ThE GhOsTmAn01
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
the antenna wont flash unless you are in program or armed mode. i think you have a defective viper brain.
Ted
Compustar Expert
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
Have you verified that you have 12v and ground to all ports on the Viper brain? All 3 large gauge power wires should have power (red, RED / white, RED / black) as well as the small gauge power wire on the main harness (red). Then the black wire on te main harness should be grounded right to the chassis at a low point (ie kickpanel). Where do you currently have it grounded? And do you have power at all of the above connections? Test them directly at the harness connecting to the brain to make sure there isn't a break somewhere.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
theghostman01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much to take your time for my problem !
Yes i tested the RED / red WHITE/ red black and all have power!At the alarm side connector.
BUT i dont have connected the small gauge 12v power wire !!!
About the small gauge ground wire of the main harness (the only ground wire) i have connected it to a original ground srew behind the driver's side under-dash.
I hopeits only this small gauge 12v wire that is my problem !!
Thank you ill try this tomorrow :D
ThE GhOsTmAn01
tedmond 
Posted: December 29, 2011 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
there are 4 12v connections that need to be made.
3 are large gauge (primary harness)
1 12v wire is next the ground with a blue 15amp fuse i believe.
Ted
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Posted: December 29, 2011 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
there are 4 12v connections that need to be made.
3 are large gauge (primary harness)
1 12v wire is next the ground with a blue 15amp fuse i believe.
thats the wire thats the wire that will power on the brain
Ted
Compustar Expert
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2011 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, that smaller gauge red wire is the actual power to the brain. The other 3 are just for the relays for the ignition, accessory, and starter. I am willing to bet that when you connect that wire your problems will be solved. As for the ground, as long as you sanded down the paint and used the bolt (not one of the actual wires) it should be fine.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic