the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5701 with fortin evo all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
Do yourself a favor and go buy a digitial multimeter. Cheap ones can be had for under $20 (may differ where you are, but thats about what they run here). By using the test light you run a very big risk of causing damage to your factory computer or airbag systems (unless it is a specific computer/airbag safe test light). That $20 DMM can save you thousands in the end.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
theghostman01 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your advise ,ill go buy one today ! Thank you again Kenny.
ThE GhOsTmAn01
theghostman01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
Hi again, iv just recheck all my wiring and all was connected like you told me.
After i check the voltage at the 10 wire connector and all is good.
Then when i connect the alarm module i hear nothing (small click sound in the module) (like the other times on other car with other module).
Then i think the problem is maybe it a ground problem or maybe the module is the problem (i just bought it refurbished on ebay).
I bet this is a module problem, i already check all wires and all was connected like you told me the first time it was connected.
Can you told me a way to test the module if it is working or not with a tester or something else ?
ThE GhOsTmAn01
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
i must have misread but whats the issue?
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
theghostman01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
You dont have misread, my english is not perfect sorry.
The problem is (i think) the start module itself.
All is pluged but nothing happpend.I dont hear any click from the module and when i plug my db-all i dont have any power at all.
Do you have a way to test the alarm module itself ?
ThE GhOsTmAn01
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
did you test for power and ground at the DB-ALL connector? Normally you have to take the 4pin data plug, cut one of the ends off and connect the red and black wires to power and ground if you are using the wire to wire method.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
theghostman01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hi , no i dont have tested the power of the db-all because i know that it does'nt have power in it.
I think the problem is inside the alarm box.
I purshased the alarm (refurbished)from a guy on ebay.
For the db-all i want to use the d2d option that why i use the db-all instead of the evo-all.
Normally the alarm antenna should flash or make something but now it doesnt make anything.
ThE GhOsTmAn01
offroadzj 
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
D2D connections can cause problems. Wire to wire is always the best option and it really doesn't add all that much time to the install. Just wire the connections between the bypass and the unit. And a dumb question here, but are you sure you have the 4 pin connector connected to the right place and oriented correctly?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
theghostman01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Just about the remote start ... it should try to start or the antenna should flash or at least i am suppose to ear the sound of the relay if you know what sound i am talking about.
All this WITHOUT the db-all ? No ?
ThE GhOsTmAn01
offroadzj 
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
even without the db-all, you should have the ignition come on, the parking lights should flash when you press the start button. Just connecting power may not cause anything to happen. Are the door locks working?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic