1993 ford tempo remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
armbruster 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
Does the ignition energize when you RS?
Your tach won't keep the ignition from energizing and the RS attempting to start. If your ignition isn't even energizing when you try to RS then you have 1 of 3 problems:
1) 1 or more of your connections are wrong or loose
2) You have a shut down wire receiving a shut down signal
3) Your RS is faulty
Disconnect all the shut down wires (hood pin & brake) leaving only your ignition wires in tact. Try to RS - if your ignition does not even energize then you have a problem with your RS unit. Check to make sure all power wires going to the RS unit have power on the other side of the fuse holder, I would check at the RS plug.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 2:57 AM / IP Logged  
1) Isn't the OEM hood switch NC when the bonnet is shut?
2) Tach should be 2-5volts AC with your DMM set to 20VAC.
3) Never ever had any problems with the UK equivalent (Ford Mondeo).
4) Check the voltage from your ground point to all the 12 volts constant inputs. 20VDC range.
5)There's a wire marked activation input. Flash that a couple of times to see what happens.
6) Try to activate with your remote, meter the ign and starter R/S outputs to see if they are putting out the voltage.
Surely if everything was OK bar tach this would run for up to 15 seconds and then shut down OR try to run with the starter engaged.
Have you connected the starter/cut anti-grind relay as shown in the diagram correctly.
Do your ignition lights come on at all?
Doesn't at least a door trigger (neg) have to be connected/grounded to program?
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
Ahh... shame on me, I misread your post regarding the latest workings. I assumed that the ignition components were coming on but if you are only getting the 3 flashes then it may not necessarily be the tach signal. I would still change it to voltage until you get it working to eliminate the tach as a problem for now. It seems odd that the lights are flashing 3 times to indicate a tach signal issue unless it wasn't programmed initially (and is a requirement for the starter).
Is the ignition / acc components coming on at all or is it literally ONLY flashing the lights 3 times?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged  
Does any know where a download for this remote start manual is??  I looked on the AutoStart web site, It is working now, but could not find this model.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
mattrourke 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
Well, now that their site is working again I was able to find out that the only paperwork I got was a quick installation guide for a manual only system and that's why it had no mention of the yellow loop. I think I have located the manual for what looks like my system, has the programming for the auto transmission and has a full install guide instead of the 6 page pamphlet I have been using. I will try a few things and post my results. Thanks again to everyone helping me out.
mattrourke 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
So, with the new manual (proper manual) I was able to see that the 3 light flashes meant a problem with the wire loop or the parking break wire connected. Last night I had cut the loop as per offloadzj's suggestion but it still wasn't working. After seeing this new diagnostic description for the light flashes I went out and cut the parking break wire and it fired up and ran perfectly. I left it for a couple of minutes to ensure that it stayed running. Thank you all very much for all your attention to my problem and for all the help and suggestions along the way. My mom is very happy now that her Christmas present is actually useable! Happy holidays everyone!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
Just wondering, which is the download manual for your remote start?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
mattrourke 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
After peeling a sticker off the manual I had I found As-2460 which is for manual trans. So I found that its as-2461 tw-fm. Hardware 4.8 and software 3.1.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic