icon

python 592, 97 jeep grand cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
l8nite 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
Hello i have been reading some topics lately and decided to join to forum.I will be installing a Python 592 system on a 1997 jeep grand cherokee with a factory alarm.I have a working key fob for the jeep and factory alarm.My first question is do i need anything else to make it work?Im going to do the remote starter and shock sensor first,then add additional componets later.Is there anything else i need to get before i can start to install the alarm the way it is out of the box?Thanks for any help in advance i really appreciate it.
-= Michael Ingram =-
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
hi,
you'll need to find a DEI 455t, it will help with the door lock and factory alarm interfacing. otherwise you'll be going into both doors to do the locks.
mark
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
Is it a triangular head key or round head key? Gray head or black head? I think you are ok with the 97, but there is a possibility you have an immobilizer system that you will need an additional bypass for. But again, I don't think the 97's had it.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
The key is like the shape of a half of a stop sign and it is black.
I dont mind going into the door as they are already mostly taken apart for a fiber glass speaker enclosure im working on.
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, then no immobilizer bypass is needed. Honestly, you are better off getting the door lock module. Even if you don't mind doing the extra work, you will have to get 2 relays at the very least (or a 451m door lock relay) which will probably run you $20 or more. Then you will have to cut your factory lock / unlock wires and wire them reverse polarity. The only downside to the module is it can be hard to find.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
I will look for the 455t and see what i can come up with.
-= Michael Ingram =-
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
If i were to get the 451m relay would i need one for each door or just 1 will lock/unlock all doors?I found one for $9.50 free shipping.I am looking for the 455t but it seems they are discontinued.Did they not release a different model of that unit or what?Those of us with the jeeps that need the 455t are out of luck...?
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, the 455T's can be a pain to find. You can use a 455TW but they are almost as hard to find. You will only need 1 451M for each front door. The front pass. door will work all pass. doors. Does your Jeep have a factory alarm? If so, you will basically lose the alarm with the hardwiring setup... and you will have to make sure to not use your factory remote anymore or it will set off the alarm when you start it.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
Yea it has factory alarm on it.This python alarm dont have lock relays built in it?figured it would for the price of it but what can i do now ya know lol.I am pretty sure i can get the main stuff hooked up on the alarm.I may have problems with reversing polarity and remote start...i can do the siren,main power wires,led, stuff like that for sure.I can def use a bit of help.I will start on it tomorrow when i get some free time and go ahead and order the lock relays.I will let you know on progress or any problems.Thanks very much for the help so far.
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
If you search on this site under the relay section you can find the reverse polarity (aka 5-wire) wire diagram that will show you exactly how to wire it. The remote start is not that difficult. Its only a few more connections than the alarm... and if you are doing starter kill on the alarm, then its even less connections. The hardest connection on the remote start is the tach wire... which you will have to run under the hood and connect to the odd colored wire off any of the injectors.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic