icon

python 592, 97 jeep grand cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
l8nite 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i found that article.If i get relays like those it shows in the 5 wire diagram is that all ill need to get my doors to lock/unlock?What would be a good place to get them from?
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
The 451mon relays are the easiest as they are already prewired. You will need one dor the driver side and one for the pass. Side.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
armbruster 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Go with the 451M x 2 - you can get them off Amazon for $10 each. If you want to wire them up an save yourself the $20 then this may help:
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_GRAND-CHEROKEE_JEEP%20GRAND%20CHEROKEE%20LOCKS.pdf
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
Ok fellas i have ordered the 2 451m pre wired relays.I will let you guys know when i get them.Untill then i am going to go ahead and wire all the basics up and get the brain mounted.Thanks for the help ill stop back if i run into something i need to pick your brains about.thanks again.
-= Michael Ingram =-
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2012 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys i got the 451m relays but yesterday got a call from a local place that had a dei455t in the backroom they said i could have for 20 bucks.Should i just use the 455t instead of the 451m's?Im not really good at hooking up alarms i just know the basics.Im actually have trouble finding wires.In the wiring diagram it shows a pink/black wire in the ignition harness and there is no pink and black wire there,only black,or 2 solid pink wires.I gave up after running into that problem and havent started back yet.
-= Michael Ingram =-
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2012 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
since the 455T is available, i'd say get it. the instructions for it are in the downloads section here if they aren't in the package. should be able to test the unit in vehicle..requires power, ground, and the data wires. the inputs would just be needed to be connected to ground momentarily.
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
Ok i got the 455t.Would anyone mind telling me what all wires on the python 592 i will be wiring up and where they go to?Im just finding multiple wires in the same area that the wiring diagram says the wire should be,there 2 or 3 wires thats blue and red in the locations its giving me.Very confusing.
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
That is very common. You have to use your DMM to test out the wires til you find the correct one.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
Can you explain what i should be looking for with the dmm?Like volts or ohms or ?I have a Dmm just never used it before.
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
It all depends on what you are testing.
12v constant - (+) Voltage at all times
Ignition - (+) Voltage with key turned on
Accessory - (+) Voltage with key turned on, but drops during cranking
Starter - (+) Voltage when cranking
Parking lights (+) - (+) Voltage with parking lights on
Parking lights (-) - Ground with parking lights on (connect red lead to known 12v source, connect ground lead to wire being tested)
Brake Wire - (+) Voltage when brake pedal is pressed
Lock/unlock - Ground when lock/unlock button is pressed (red lead to known 12v source, ground lead to wire being tested)
Tach - AC Voltage fluctuating with RPM
Hood Pin - most likely needs to be added on that car.
If this is your first time ever using a DMM you may really want to think about having this starter done by a professional. If you don't know what to test for and you connect to the wrong wire you can do a lot of damage to the vehicle. I'm all about trying things to learn, but I would suggest starting on something a little simpler than a remote starter.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic