icon

python 592, 97 jeep grand cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
l8nite 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
Hey i know what you mean lol i am really dreading trying this by my self.Im am going to have to think about this because i dont want to mess anything up i might just have it installed.
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
If you were local to me I'd do it for you for pretty cheap.. but that would be a pretty far drive to just get a starter put in... lol. Maybe someone on here is local to you and may be able to give you a hand. Unfortunately you may find that most shops will be hesitant over putting anything but their own equipment in for liability reasons.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have the main alarm unit working.I can arm and disarm via remote.will pick up the 455t for the locks.
I have a couple questions.
How do i make the lights flash with the alarm?
On python 592 main harness H1 it has a WHITE/ brown wire for-parking light isolation wire /pin 87a of onboard relay.
There is also on harness H1-white wire-parking light output.
Does both of these get hooked up or just 1?I know 1 or both should be hooked up to Blue/Red + - left of steering column or light switch.
On the remote start harness H3/4 violet -car side of starter kill,what does this mean and where do i hook it up at?
Same question H3/5 green - key side of starter kill,what does it mean by key side and where do i hook it up at?
I think i pretty much have the alarm itself figured out,im working on the remote start now but had these questions before i got to into it.Thanks!
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
To make the lights flash connect the white parking light output and connect it to the parking light wire in the vehicle. Use the jumper on the unit to set the polarity of the output.
The violet wire goes to the car side of the cut starter wire. The green wire will go to the ignition side.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
About the cut starter wire,thats what is confusing me i dont know the difference between the ignition side and car side.Is it 1 wire and i wire into it at different points or....?
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
The starter wire is a single wire. You will physically cut that wire and connect the green wire to the side of the wire coming off the physical ignition switch and the purple goes to the starter side of the wire.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i got the 2 wires hooked up to the starter wire on the right ends.
This is what i have hooked up so far please correct me if im wrong.
H1/2 Red 12v+ constant , hooked to pink/BLACK/ ign switch harness
h1/3 Brown + siren output,hooked to + on siren
h1/5 Black chasis ground,grounded to bare metal
h1/11 white parking light output,hooked to blue/red (+) light switch
H2/17 Brown + brake shutdown
H3/1 PInk (+) ignition 1 input/output,hooked to dark blue/grey ign switch harness
H3/2 RED / White (+) Fused ignition 2/flex relay input 87,hooked to RED / black ign switch harness
H3/3 Orange (+) accessory output,hooked to ORANGE / black ign switch harness
H3/4 Violet (+) starter output (car side of starter kill),hooked to the car side of yellow starter wire in ign switch harness
H3/5 Green (+) starter input (key side of starter kill),hooked to key side of yellow starter wire in ign switch harness
Thats all the wires i have hooked up untill i get the dei455t hooked up which seems pretty simple.What am i missing or what looks wrong to you?The alarm is a python 592 its the same as the viper 5902 incase you dont mind double checking my wiring,the vehicle is a 1997 jeep grand cherokee with the black key.It has the factory alarm on it and i have a working Chrysler key fob if it matters.
-= Michael Ingram =-
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
What other wires on the remote start harness H3 python 592 do i need hooked up?
I got the arm setting and un setting,parking lights working when setting and un setting,the siren working,shock sensor adjusted,dei455t will take care of the locks,i have some wires hooked up from the remote start harness,but im unsure where the other go?
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
As for the Main harness on the 592 (H3)
Red, RED / White, and RED / Black all go to the RED / White 12v Constant wire
Pink goes to the Dark Blue/Gray Ignition wire
Pink/White goes to the RED / Black 2nd Accessory wire
**Make sure to change the flex relay programming option in the menu from 2nd ignition to 2nd accessory
Orange goes to BLACK/ Orange Accessory wire
Then cut your factory starter wire (Yellow)
Purple goes to the starter / vehicle side of the cut starter wire
Green goes to the key switch side of the cut starter wire
Pink/Black has no connection
Do you have an install manual for it? The install manual should tell you exactly what each wire is for.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i got those wires hooked up.I hit the remote start button and it says on the remote "remote start un available" but after a few seconds the alarm box start clicking and the parking lights flash.I have the toggle switch set to "on".Should it be working or is there something else i have to do?
-= Michael Ingram =-
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic