the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

python 592, 97 jeep grand cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have it programmed for automatic? How many times are the lights flashing? Also make sure your hood is closed (if you connected a hood pin)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i think i know it isnt starting because i have to change theflex relay from 2nd ignition to 2nd accessory and i have to change transmission to automatic.I cant really get into those features without the door pin hooked up because its saying to open the door turn on the ignition turn off the ignition then press and hold the control button untill the number of chirps confirms the menu number you want.is that correct?
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
You can simply temporarily ground the green (-) door pin wire to duplicate the door being open. Then it will allow you to go through the programming.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i did that and programmed.Now im getting 8 flashes from the parking lights when i try to remote start,it means the neutral safety switch has no ground or is off,i have it plugged in,i flipped the switch both ways and i get the same error message.It even says on the remote "toggle switch off" when i try to remote start.any ideas?
-= Michael Ingram =-
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
ohhhh i see on the H2 harness neutral safety input (-) do i just need to ground that wire?
-= Michael Ingram =-
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
Yea man i hooked that wire up and it tried to start,dang battery was dead though from fooling in it all night in the cold lol.It did start to crank though.I cant believe this my first time ever hooking a remote start up i appreciate the help so much man i truly appreciate it.Now i just have to put the 455t in and clean up everything sweeeeet.Saved me atleast $150 bucks.Thanks again very much!
-= Michael Ingram =-
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
Ok on this 455t i just wire the door lock wires up to the door lock wires on the alarm cpu correct?then i plug the data cable into the data port of the vehicle.Do i need to hook to door trigger wire up from the cpu to the door trigger wire of the vehicle or does the 455t control that as well?
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure if you have it, but here is the install manual for the 455T:
http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/accessories/N455T_04-98.pdf
Red goes to constant 12v (can connect to main 12v wire for remote start/alarm.. but make sure its fused)
Black goes to ground
Blue/Black goes to the Blue (-)200ma status output of the remote start/alarm
Blue goes to the Blue (-) unlock wire from the remote start/alarm
Blue/White - no connection unless you want driver priority unlocking (unlocks driver door first, then all other doors on a second press of the unlock button)
Green goes to the Gree (-) lock wire from the remote start/alarm
BLACK/ White - no connection.
Violet/Brown goes to the Violet/Brown(+) CCD bus at the diag connector
WHITE/ Black goes to the WHITE/ Black (-) CCD bus at the diag connector.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
cool thanks man,i charged the battery over night and it was awesome to be in the house and one button press boom fired right up.Didnt hear any excess starter noise or anything so i think i got the cranking time set right.ill get this 455t wired up and let you know how it turned out.
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
Did you end up connecting the tach wire or no? If the tach is connected and programmed then the crank time won't matter. Crank time is only used when using voltage sensing or no engine sensing.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic