icon

python 592, 97 jeep grand cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
l8nite 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
No i didnt hook the tach up but i will go ahead and do it.Better safe then sorry.
-= Michael Ingram =-
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
I got the 455t wired up and the door locks are working fine.The factory alarm sets with the python alarm now.
I have one problem though,i hooked the (-) door trigger green wire to the yellow wire in the drivers kick panel and the remote is saying the door is open.How do i fix this?Thanks.
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
The yellow wire is a domelight wire so there is a delay until the dome light turns off. Once it turns off the icon should turn off.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
Damn man what would i do without you lol.I feel like i owe you a beer or something.Ill go wire it back to that wire and see what happens.Thanks again.
-= Michael Ingram =-
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so i hooked it back up,green wire from the alarm to the yellow wire in kick panel,when i set the alarm it locks the doors and turns the dome light off.It still says "door open" and when that goes away it shows a yellow caution sign on the door on the remotes main display screen.any ideas?
-= Michael Ingram =-
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
I see the green wire on the alarm harness can be normally open or normally closed,maybe this is the problem or has something to do with it?
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
How do you have the door pin connected? Is it straight from the brain to the car or did you wire up the relay that is shown in the 455T manual? The programming for the door pin should be set at normally open.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
Its straight from the alarm brain to the car,i didnt realize i need to to that relay.I thought it was just the 455t.I can do the relay looks pretty simple i just have to try and find a relay.Thanks.
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, that should fix your issue. When the starter is activated it disarms the factory alarm which turns the domelight on temporarily. In doing so the brain will think the door is being opened and can trip the alarm.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
Its saying door open when i just set the alarm normally,says it everytime regardless if i try to remote start or just hit the lock button.
-= Michael Ingram =-
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic