the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

python 592, 97 jeep grand cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
Put a meter on that wire and make sure it is showing ground ONLY when a door is opened. Keep in mind that your trunk trigger is also tied into that wire. Check all doors to make sure the door pins are functioning properly. Worse comes to worse you can connect to each individual door pin wire to the side of the steering column and diode isolate each.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
its showing ground with the door open and closed.Will getting a 5wire and hooking it up like the 455t manual fix my problem or do i need to go another route?
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
Did you wait for the domelight to turn off during your test. If it is showing ground with the door open and when it is closed and the light is off then you have a bad door pin somewhere. Try disconnecting the door pins one at a time (if you can get to them easily) until the wire no longer shows ground when everything is shut and the light is off.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
i pushed all the door pins in 1 by 1 and set and unset the alarm,it worked but was still giving me the open door thing.I didnt pull the door pins out or anything,but when i would push them in and hit lock the siren would chirp,when i would let the doorpin open and hit lock it wouldnt chirp.I couldnt find the door pin for the rear hatch if there is one.
-= Michael Ingram =-
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Im not sure if when i open the rear hatch the interior lights should come on.They didnt.But i dont have the liftgate open on the screen in the lower dash.Also when the gate is open the factory alarm wont set, when it is closed the factory alarm will set.
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
What do you have the door input programmed to? Normally open or normally closed?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
normally open,i double checked it last night.I read that without that relay hooked to the 455t it will cause false triggers.Maybe that is the problem.I know the door trigger isnt working on the python alarm,but if i open the door when alarm is set the factory alarm goes off.
-= Michael Ingram =-
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
should i try the normally closed?
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
It wouldn't hurt to try it. Next step would be to test each individual door pin. I still think it sounds like a bad door pin... and the trunk/hatch may be the culprit.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
ok ill pull the rear hatch cover off and see if i can find that pin,i know there is one for the rear lift glass and the hatch itself.ill report back.
-= Michael Ingram =-
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic