the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

python 592, 97 jeep grand cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
Before you do that, you can test the individual pins below the dash and test each one with your DMM set on continuity (audible is easiest). They should show ground when the door is open and nothing when its closed. Test each one and see if there is one that is showing ground all the time.
Here is the info from DEI:
To avoid dome light delay there are 5 separate trigger wires in a 14 pin black plug at the BCM located between the steering column and the drivers kick panel. The plug is located in the drivers side front corner of BCM just behind the knee bolster. All wires in the plug exit straight down. The door trigger colors are tan, tan/red, tan/orange, and tan / YELLOW. The trunk trigger color is tan/black. All of them are negative trigger. Grab each wire and diode isolate. See Tech Doc 1076 for wiring information.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
ok ill do that so i dont have to take off the plastic on hatch.
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
Exactly. If you have someone to help you it might make it easier (you can hold/watch the DMM while they open/close the doors. Those wires should not have any delay to worry about.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
I checked all the door pins and it seems they are funtioning correctly.
I got a 5 wire relay because on the dei 455t it says when installing the security syetem with remote start,the BLACK/ white wire from the dei455t is hooked up to the relay along with the door trigger input from the security system so that it stops false door triggers.I believe this is my problem.
I am a little confused on the wiring diagram of the relay.What is confusing me is there is 2 87 pins one is a 87 and one is 87A,it shows on the diagram a little split with arrows and i dont know if that means they get hooked together or?Also the pin for 30 shows a line going up towards the 87 and 87A,its just confusing me im not sure if all them get wired together or what.Any help is appreciated as always.Thank you.
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
No, a relay works just like a switch. When the coil (pins 85 & 86) is NOT energized then Pin 30 and 87a are connected together. When you energize the coil (put 12v to one side, ground to the other) you "activate" the switch which disconnects Pin 30 from Pin 87a and connects Pin 30 to Pin 87. I believe for that you want to connect the 2 wires of the door trigger to Pins 30 and 87a so you temporarily disconnect the signal to prevent the false trigger.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
ok so id hook the door trigger wire coming from the security brain up to pin 30,and i would hook pin 87a up to the door trigger wire of the vehicle?
Id use the BLACK/ white wire which is a - from the 455t to hook up to the ground of the coil,and i would use a 12v constant fused hooked up to the positive of the coil?
Which pin is negative and which pin is positive out of 85 and 86?
my door trigger is for the vehicle is a negative i that helps with anything.
-= Michael Ingram =-
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
85 is neg and 86 pos. You should connect a 1N4004 diode between 85 and 86 with its band to pos, 86.
Kenny's point about looking up diagram/tech tip 1076, that's how you should connect your door triggers.
Kenny you should be a Platinum after this.
At least our poster is asking the right questions
offroadzj 
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
And he is actually trying the suggestions which is very nice. It just sucks that its gotten this far with still no solution... lol
And is there a reason that the pos/neg matters in regards to Pins 85 & 86. I've always thought it didn't matter, but it better going one way vs. the other? Also, what exactly is the diode for? I've never used on on the relay and I've never had problems, but I always see people use it.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
A lot of my problem with upgrading my user status is because I went so long idle on the site (joined in 2005, posted for a while, but then pretty much dropped off the site while I wasn't in the business anymore) so although my total posts are around 750, my posts per day is less than 1... so my status won't be changing for quite a while.. lol
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yes that's what I meant. Makes you glad to help, I think the answer lies with loads of 1N4004 and good old DEI 1076. Just to think on Fraud Mondeos over here I used to use relays and nasty 10k strapping resistors before some clever sod came out with the diode idea, fiddly but so much cheaper.
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic