icon

python 592, 97 jeep grand cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
Well just don't do a Howard and evoke sarcasm when in my case my beloved soccer team has lost and I'm in a bad mood, usually around midday your time on a Saturday or Sunday, then some moron asks me a daft question. I've been a Platinum TWICE before and got demoted!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
It will be a long time til I get anywhere near platinum. I'd be happy with silver for now... lol.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
So how many total diodes would i need to pick up?And i just wire them up exactly like in the diagram,with a diode on each individual switch wire then splice a wire with another diode off each of them wires connecting to the trigger input from the alarm?I kind of get it but i just want to be sure lol sorry about all the questions and double checking.
I will pick the diodes up tomorrow when i know how many total i will need.
Thanks again.
-= Michael Ingram =-
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
It depends on if the unit has a separate trunk pin input or not. If so then you will just need 4 for the 4 doors. If it does not have a separate trunk pin input then you will need 5. Connect all of the diodes together to the door pin input (band facing towards unit) and solder the connection to make sure it doesn't come undone. Then its much easier to solder extension wire to the diode rather than trying to connect the diode straight to the door pin wire on the car. With the extension wire you will be able to solder the connections and then bundle the diodes together to help keep the connection from breaking. Then connect each of the separate extension wires into the separate door triggers and you are done.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks ill pick them up tomorrow and give her a go.Thanks for all the help i was not the smartest and still aint but i have learned alot from the help you and others have gave me.Its cool being able to understand something that before was so hard to catch on to.
-= Michael Ingram =-
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
Kenny, it's either 8 or 10, not 4 or 5, you still have to diode them together if we're using 1076; by the way is this a sleeper circuit needing all those diodes?
l8nite 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 3:23 AM / IP Logged  
Its a 1997 jeep grand cherokee with factory alarm.I installed a python 592 alarm/remote start and the DEI 455t module.The door trigger wire is a (-).Everything on the alarm is working except the door triggers.Thats where im at now.
-= Michael Ingram =-
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 3:48 AM / IP Logged  
I haven't really worked on these since the early 90s when they first came out in R/hand drive for the UK but back then there was a puddle (floor) lamp under dash on both sides, if still there disconnect the plug from the lamp and test, one side reads 12v+, it's the other wire you want, then see if that loses it's ground when you shut the door. If so go there. Probably too simple but there you go.
offroadzj 
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  
no, I think he would only need 4 or 5 diodes. All he is doing is separating the different door triggers. On that car he has an option of using the dome light circuit (which I believe includes that little lamp) but that will trigger when disarming the factory alarm and can cause false alarms. So the easiest solution is to just get the 5 different door pins at the BCM/module next to the steering column. And then he just has to diode isolate each doorpin. I still think that is the best way to go and then he won't have to worry about wiring up the relay with the 455t or have issues with false alarms.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kenny, I did loads of alarms on the pre 94 Cherokees, but apart from phones and audio on 98 and on Grand Cherokees, I've had no real contact with them, I thought they didn't need 1076, now you've confirmed it and your method is correct.
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic