the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

python 580 starter in 2008 sonata

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks all, Now i work my way up to platinum python 580 starter in 2008 sonata - Page 8 - Last Post -- posted image.
@ kregs thanks! much appreciated.
To smokeman im glad the fortin bypasses are working great for you. I stock 2 brands of bypasses. Fortin and iDatalink Blades (TB and AL). These 2 combinations cover every vehicle possible. For some vehicles, one platform works better than the other. I just started using some xpresskits DBALL and ive had nothing but bad luck with them. Great transponder bypass, but horrible data/can communication. Often it doesnt do have the features it said it can do.
im trying to set up my paypal to donate to the forum, hopefully in a few days it will be ready to go.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
once again, congrats on the promotion ted. I have to agree with you on the bypasses. I used to stick with all DEI but now that I've started using the idatalink (mainly the blades) and Fortin; I don't think I'll ever go back. The blade bypass in conjunctin with Compustar units is just as easy as it gets.
Can't wait til I get my promotion.. hopefully soon.
On the defroster topic. Where do you get the wiring information from Ted? Everywhere I look it seems like nobody ever lists the defroster wire information and I end up having to go to the switch every time.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
My main wiring guide is WireMagic (Installogy) which comes with my compustar account, and I cross reference with Fortin WireGuide as my secondary. If i cannot find a wire at all, my last resort is Directechs.
all wiring software's are accurate to some extent. I use WireMagic/fortin more often as its a Canadian based company, and the wires match Canadian model vehicles.
Ted
Compustar Expert
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 5:54 AM / IP Logged  
Yea, since leaving Circuit City its been tough as hell finding a reliable wire diagram site that doesn't require a dealer account. But so far the readyremote.com has been pretty much spot on... just never gives anything for defrost.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
Just wanted to say congrats to tedmond also!! I can't wait to get there. I did the dance of joy just going from Rookie to Standard! I thoroughly enjoy what I do and love helping here. I honestly can say a lot of my installs would not have gone so smooth if the12volt didn't exist with great folks like you!!
I have been considering Compustar since all I carry now is 99% DEI. (1% for Fortin and Idata bypasses). With recent issues I've had with DEI bypasses, Fortin will definitely fill my orders more. I'll have to check out Installogy but I agree that Readyremote is very good and hasn't steered me wrong. But having that extra bit of info helps.
tedmond 
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
are you buying the bypass modules online?
Ted
Compustar Expert
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
I buy equipment online since I don't know of an authorized dealer that I can deal with directly for DEI (or other products for that matter).
tedmond 
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
PM me your zip code and ill check what it cost to ship modules.
It might work out cheaper for me to ship you Fortin bypass modules. I get them for a very good price, as the factory is 6hours away from where i live. Its like buying it local.
I can give you a run down of the price of the modules as well, if you have specific ones you need.
Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 8

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic