Disable RAP After Remote Start Relay?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
danmc85 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2012 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
hey howie,
I have a python 574, do u know if this dei alarm has a way to pulse a door trigger after remote start end to turn off my radio, without setting off the alarm if armed, by thinking the door opened without disarming?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  
Have't a clue but I can't see how.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
Difficult because you haven't given us car, make and model, is this Spoon Feeding or what?
Obtain a standard 5 pin Bosch/Tycho relay. Take a feed from your ACC supplying the radio and cut it.
Supply side to 87a.
Radio side to 30.
Feed from R/S ignition 2 to 86.
Ground to 85.
Diode, 1N4004 in line from Ign 2 to relay 86, band towards relay.
Can't be responsible because as I said before, if you're too lazy or dumb to give us your vehicle details....
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
My post was incorrect, ground relay (85) via R/S "status output" or GWR wire.
If this is connected to other items such as a by-pass then diode in line to relay 1N4004, band towards R/S.
86 to a constant 12v+ live.
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
thanks howie,
my bad it is a 2008 ford escape.
I did a little more searching before your reply and I found this, possibly an easier solution?
http://kb.directed.com/knowledgebasearticle11730.aspx
From what it seems I could just connect the H2/24 (GREEN / WHITE) OEM Arm Output on my remote starter and connect it to the BCM Connector C2280C in my escape on Pin 14 (Switch - Latch Driver Door Ajar - GREEN/ Violet) and since that wire is automatically pulse on the remote starter at the end of the remote start session it would shut the radio off because the vehicle will think the door was opened and then closed again.
I was also considering this route because I have to mess with the door triggers to install a DTIMAZDA Door Trigger interface anyways for my alarm, so it is not using the dome light for a door trigger.
Thoughts?
- Dan
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
Won't work because the R/S is STILL feeding the ACC wire.
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
even at the end of the remote start when it is disengaged? I don't mind if the radio is on while the car is running, I just don't want it left on after the remote start shuts off.   Your relay diagram if i am correct would not have the radio on at all if the remote start is on, correct?
- Dan
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
Yes and the RAP switches off with the R/S if you don't get into the car to drive away so your original post is pointless.
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
yea door trigger option is out... ford and mazda door triggers rest at ground, and go open when the door is open. So there is no way to pulse a door trigger that is already resting at 12 volts. the 12 volts would actually have to be cut for a second when the remote start ends and then put back again so the car thinks the door was closed again. I suppose this could be done with a relay setup as well or just do it your way. which is prob what will happen.
So make sure i have this right.
Pin 85: GWR
Pin 86: 12+ Constant
Pin 87A: ACC to Radio
Pin 30: ACC from Radio
Don't use ign 2 as you originally corrected in your post on pin 86, correct?
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
Need some relay assistance.
I have a 2008 ford escape and I need help keeping my radio off during and after remote start (if I don't get in the car for some reason, RAP keeps it on for 10 mins)
With some assistance, I set this up to disable the radio while the car is running on the remote starter.
PIN 85: Ground While Running of Remote Start
PIN 86: 12+ Constant
PIN 87A: ACC to Radio (Radio Side)
PIN 30: ACC to Radio (Car side of to radio)
This works great, except if I don't get in the car before the remote start ends, the radio turns right on after the car shuts off.
Now here is the tricky part, I cannot pulse a door trigger with the OEM Arm output because my Ford door triggers rest at ground and go open when a door is open. I can't negative ground pulse something, that is already negative grounded, nothing is gonna happen.
Door triggers already have a DTIMAZDA interface for the door trigger on the alarm).
I need a relay setup that does something like this:
1. Uses OEM Alarm Arm (-) output on remote starter that pulses at remote start end
2. Breaks connection to a grounded door trigger when the car shuts off and makes it open when the OEM Alarm Arm wire is pulsed.
I had this in mind, would it work?
PIN 85: OEM Alarm Arm (-) Pulse
PIN 86: 12+ Constant
PIN 87A:(-) Drivers Door Trigger (Door Side)
PIN 30: (-) Drivers Door Trigger (Car BCM Side)
Basically the door trigger wire is always connected and the car always sees the grounded trigger wire. However at when the remote start shuts off, the connection is temp broken on a ground pulse as it switches from 87A to 87 then quickly back again after the pulse is done.
Am I on the right track?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic