Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
danmc85 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
http://kb.directed.com/knowledgebasearticle11730.aspx
Wire from Remote Start: H2/24 (GREEN / WHITE) OEM Arm Output
Description: This wire sends a negative pulse every time the remote start shuts down or the doors are locked. Use a relay to send a (-) or (+) pulse to the arm wire.
Door Trigger: BCM Connector C2280C Pin 14 (Switch - Latch Driver Door Ajar - GREEN/ Violet)
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
hi,
the relay should work, make sure its on the BCM side of the DTIMAZDA.
otherwise the alarm will be triggered.
mark
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks,
Do you think I should put a diode across the 85 & 86 terminals for back emf and is it necessary?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
Or you can simply turn off the RAP via the R/S programming.
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Or you can simply turn off the RAP via the R/S programming.
my python 574 has no option in its programming menu to disable rap. even on the knowledge base website i posted they say to pulse a door trigger wire, this relay is the only way for me to do it.
- Dan
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
OK, just checked the installation guide, interesting you could turn it off on older models.
What I still don't understand is why you would want to run the remote start on its full duration and then and then not get into the vehicle and drive away. At that point RAP is moot.
DTIMazda not needed, look here Downloads/Manuals for an alternative method.
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
OK, just checked the installation guide, interesting you could turn it off on older models.
What I still don't understand is why you would want to run the remote start on its full duration and then and then not get into the vehicle and drive away. At that point RAP is moot.
DTIMazda not needed, look here Downloads/Manuals for an alternative method.
i already installed a DTIMAZDA for my door triggers, so that part is all set.   Basically say I remote start while I am at work when I am about to leave, and I get stuck helping a customer and I actually don't get to leave on time and my car was left running, my radio stays on. Or if I am at home, and I start doing something and loose track of time when I'm getting ready to leave, I don't want my radio killing my battery.   Basically as simple as that, normally it won't be an issue but 1 out of 10, it is.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
OK last question then. Do you actually know that when the R/S has finished the RAP comes on? Also unless you have an amped system, 10 minutes won't make any difference to your car battery.
If you have already installed a DTIMazda then I suggest you run with my amended relay set-up since the other method might be a pain to interface with the DTIMazda.
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
OK last question then. Do you actually know that when the R/S has finished the RAP comes on? Also unless you have an amped system, 10 minutes won't make any difference to your car battery.
If you have already installed a DTIMazda then I suggest you run with my amended relay set-up since the other method might be a pain to interface with the DTIMazda.
Yes, I installed your relay which keeps the radio off while the car is remote started, but once the remote start turns off and the GWR wire no longer has a ground, 87A switches back to 87 and turns the radio on lol. Yes I have an expensive Kicker system in my truck and it will kill the crap out my battery if left on to long. I do have a Optima Yellow Top however, so it can take a beating but that's besides the point.
I think I am going to cut the drivers door wire on the BCM side of the DTIMAZDA and put that relay setup I wrote there and see how it works.   So Basically it is already cut.
--Drivers Door Trigger IN ---> DTIMAZDA (BLUE WIRE)----> Door Trigger OUT ---> MY Posted Relay Setup ----> BCM IN --
What do you think? Should I diode across 85 + 86 on that relay?
- Dan
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
Should have said 87 switches back to 87A and turns the radio on, not the other way around.
- Dan
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic