the12volt.com spacer
icon

Easycar E7b, 2010 Kia Forte

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
3scamry 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2012 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 3scamry
Hi Genexis,i am having the same problem as you previously. I'm using easycar e7b, everything works except remote start. When i tried to remote start, it flashes 6 lights. Can you share how did u manage to solve this problem ? Thanks.
genexis 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2012 at 5:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote genexis
Hi,
Are you able to use PUSH START? If you can, then i don think we have the same issue as i'm not even able to perform a push-start.
Assuming that you also can't start the car with push-start, then you need to do the following:
1) Program your knock pad. Read the manual on how to do it. This was the main issue that prevented me to start my car.
2) Connect your parking brake wire. If you are not able to find the correct wire, then connect it to GND.
Try the above and update us again :)
3scamry 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2012 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 3scamry
Hi, yes i am able to perform push start. I have programmed my knock pad too. Parking brake wire is connected also. All the other function works, just the push start not working. Thanks for your assistance.
3scamry 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2012 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 3scamry
I mean just the remote start not working.
bkyungguru 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bkyungguru
So need help to i have the e7-b and the iDatalink ads-al ca.
B4 a go anymore farther im asking for help other the anyone opinion on what i should buy with my own money!!!!
so i took it to a installer and he installed it and connected the brain to the idatalink ignition and everything he did not follow the ignition harness instruction so everything works but not the push start
i keep telling him that he has to connect it directly to the ignition but he keep telling me its no wire when on the 05 dodge magnum remote start weiring says it do.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2012 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

When using an iDatalink ADS AL CA on a 2005 Dodge Magnum, the bypass module should be

flashed with the ADS AL(DL) CH5 firmware.  Currently the CH5 firmware is at Ver 3.01
and the correct install guide is #8526.  The Type 1 wiring diagram should be followed. 
Here is a link to the iDatalink WEB site : http://www.idatalink.com/support/helpdesk 
You can either look up your car or just download the install guide noted above.

As per the install guide, there is only one direct ignition wire connection between the e7-b

remote starter and the vehicle.  That is the Starter wire thru a 5 Amp fuse.  Also note
this warning in the diagram just below the fuse. 
WARNING:
DO NOT CONNECT
ANY OTHER ACCESSORY,
IGNITION OR START WIRE
FROM THE REMOTE STARTER
TO THE VEHICLE.

The iDatalink bypass module is an excellent choice for any Chrysler product and works

flawlessly when flashed, installed and programmed properly.  And, yes, I will keep my
opinion about the e7-b to myself.  Easycar E7b, 2010 Kia Forte - Page 3 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
pablot 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2012 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pablot
just wondering if you guys got all your problems fixed with your easycar E772AS security system. I have the very same unit and am having some similar issues as you. It is being installed on a custom 2001 Suzuki Baleno manual transmission. The car will not Remote or Push Button Start. I followed your advice in your forum and programmed the Knock Sensor. It programmed and accepted the pass code correctly but still will not start. Keep getting Error code #3
I have also noticed that the instillation manual provided with the unit has a number of mistakes, have you noticed it as well?
ANY help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
genexis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote genexis
How about posting your wiring setup. We can't help much without knowing how you connected your wiring.
pablot 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2012 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pablot
Thanks for your reply.
There apparels to be some discrepancy between the installation manual that came with the actual unit and the online manual from the companies website for the M-7700B brain unit for the E772AS.   
Section CN4 seems to be the area with the problem.
Box manual       
3. Red (+) Foot Brake Input
Online manual
3. Yellow (+) Foot Brake Input
Box manual
4. White (+) Parking Brake(A)/Hand Brake(M)
Online manual
4. Red (+) Door Trigger Input
Box manual
5.WHITE/ Black (-) Parking Brake(A)/Hand Brake(M)
Online manual
5. RED / Black (-) Door Trigger Input
Box manual
6. RED / Black (-) Door Trigger Input
Online manual
6. White (-) Parking Brake(A)/Hand Brake(M)
All the other connections are wired as you have it in your post except CN3&4 #7 because the car doesn't have an immobilizer.
Once again any help would be welcomed and appreciated!
genexis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2012 at 3:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote genexis
We have the same brain unit. i'll advice that you follow my wiring. Just to add:
1) I grounded the PARKING BRAKE wire as i cannot find mine. But it needs to be grounded.
2) Parking brake is very important. Connect it correctly to the correct wiring. I believe there is a +ve sense and a -ve sense one. Make sure you are using the right one for your car.
3) I think in the user manual, it shows some steps to setup your unit for MANUAL. I suggest your read EVERY page of the user manual and make sure you followed their steps.
btw... can you remind me what is error 3 flashes again?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic