icon

viper 5704, 2001 silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
00svtcobrar 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
I've been reading forums for a days, finally decided to ask for some help.
I have everything set up and working except after im done driving and turn the car off, the dome light turns on and radio turns off and so does the power windows. before the alarm I had the standard 20 minutes of radio/window power until the doors open. Could it be a wire from the viper hooked up wrong or is there a setting I need to program into the viper?
-thanks
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  
Does it do it regardless of whether the vehicle was initially started with the remote start vs with the key?
Either way, the remote starter should be completely shut down as soon as you hit the brakes and should not output anything when the vehicle is running on the key... unless the ignition locks were turned on. Do the doors unlock as soon as you turn the vehicle off?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
chrisxiv 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
did you check to make sure your door triggers hooked up incorrectly?
And do you have the ign 1 and ign 2 connected to the right wires?
I just did a 5701 on a 2000 sierra and everything functions like it did stock. You can program auto ignition locking with the oem locks/ignition or the program the viper to do the auto lock/unlock... but the RAP should function the same if you hooked up the triggers correctly. You might want to check to make sure that those settings are not conflicting eachother(but it shouldn't matter).
There's never enough time to do it right first time, but there's always enough time to go back and do it again..
00svtcobrar 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
For the first response
Yes, the light do turn off when I press the brake when the truck has been started using the remote ignition, and no, the doors do not unlock when I put it in park or turn the key off (don't think my truck ever did that, tho it does on my Yukon)
For the second post. Are you talking about the RAP off coming from the db-all? If so I did not wire that one (wasn't sure where to wire it up to). I was thinking that I might need to program the viper to think the doors are always open, versus the way it is now, where its set to always closed.
Thanks for the help so far
00svtcobrar 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
Again for the second reply. I'm pretty sure the door triggers are wired up properly. How did you set yours up? And for the ign 1 and ign 2, yes they are hooked up right. No check engine light or anything. One more thing, after driving and turning off the car, when the interior lights come on and everything thing else turns off, the security light on the instrument cluster flashes, just how it would if the doors are open.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
you have a problem with the RAP shutdown. if you connected the factory rearm wire to the door trigger, it will disable rap instantly.
disconnect door triggers and see if that works for you.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
00svtcobrar 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys for the responses. When I get some free time this weekend Ill definatly look at how I wired up those door triggers. For my truck I did not install any wires for the factory alarm arm, only the disarm wire. my install sheet I had printed out from DirectWire did not call for any wires on he factory alarm arm.
chrisxiv 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
you have a problem with the RAP shutdown. if you connected the factory rearm wire to the door trigger, it will disable rap instantly.
disconnect door triggers and see if that works for you.
Yes ^^^... exactly what he said. You have to use the factory disarm(green wire in the driver's kick panel) for factory disarm. Do not hook up the factory re-arm. The factory alarm will arm on its own with the sequence of the door trigger and then the lock.
You know you have it hooked up right by looking at the security light on the dash after you take your key out of the ignition. I think it will light up solid when you open the door and then will start flashing once armed and the door closes.
Also, make sure you have both ignition one and ignition 2 hooked up right. Check it by observing the security light and then see how the radio, a/c and wipers function after you turn the car off with the key(when the RAP relay is activated).. Try this after a remote start. And then see if everything functions the same after you do a normal key start.
also, When you remote start and then use the remote to kill the truck remotely, it's normal for the RAP to stay active for the 10 min duration. I personally left mine alone, since it's very rare i ever use it, and i know it will still shut off after 10 mins anyway.. But your supposed to use one of the aux function outputs of the viper to trigger one of the door trigger wires, if you want to RAP to stop working, in this case.
There's never enough time to do it right first time, but there's always enough time to go back and do it again..
00svtcobrar 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2012 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Okay I just got done trying to figure this out, to no avail. When i do a remote start then use the remote to shutdown the truck, the radio does stay on till I hit the lock or unlock on the remote. When I use the key to turn off the truck, everything still shuts down and the dome light turns on, security light on dash starts flashing. here are the wires I have hooked up right now.
Green wire from Viper [(-) door trigger input (n/c or n/o)] is hooked up to the Tan wire [left front door trigger] on the purple plug on the BCM, pin B4.
The GREEN/ Black wire from viper [oem disarm output] is hooked up to the Light Green wire [oem alarm disarm] on the BCM purple plug, pin B3
The Violet wire from the viper [(+) door trigger input] is not hooked up, not sure if i need to or not.
Then comes the wires from the DB-ALL. The instructions tell me that there is a BLACK/ white wire from the 12 pin plug that is the RAP off and it gets connected to the driver door sense trigger [tan wire, purple plug]. Problem is there is no BLACK/ wire, but there is 2 BLACK/ gray wires, one of which is hooked up to the tan wire on the truck. Im confused about which one to use.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
if you have a flashing security light, you might want to double check the wiring for the DBALL to the vehicle.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic