icon

clifford 590.2 dead siren output?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kingelectric 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2012 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
An analog meter should be able to register fast enough to at least give you indication of a pulse if it is outputting anything.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2012 at 5:01 AM / IP Logged  
Or wait for it, vindicated yet again, good old Snap-On test light.
01ws6/tamu 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2012 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
My fluke DMM says it's DOA and snap test light confirms?? I really think I'm running into a run of crap alarms. The 3rd one is being shipped to me now maybe it will be the charm I hope. I really want to get my brand new truck put back together one of these day's.
01ws6/tamu 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2012 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
Guys I finally got it working tonight 6 months and 3 alarms later and my lord it was a wth moment when I finally fixed it.
The place I bought my original alarm from Wholesale alarms on ebay is now defunct. But they only went under after I sent them my third failed unit. So I purchased the identical clifford from a friend who runs a local shop here. Put it in tonight and same stinking thing dead siren.
I feel like a complete newbie complete idiot now. When I installed it I simply connected all of the wires as normal. When I performed all the troubleshooting I went off of the position in the connectors where the wires were located without cross comparing it to the wire color vs pin number in the damm instructions.
Guess what DEI's made in china monkeys put the WHITE/ brown tracer in pin 3 where the siren should have been and the siren in pin 4 where the park light isolation wire should have been located.
I spent 2 hours going overr every wire color vs location in connector shell to verify everything and I stumbled upon a factory screw up that made me feel like a complete moron.
Thanks for the help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2012 at 2:56 AM / IP Logged  
Another welcome member to my "bring back the old style US made Clifford club".
I only ever found two mistakes on the old Cliffords, G1-G4, aux outputs labelled the wrong way round and no provision for indicators rather than lights on the old Solaris cured with 2 x 1N5404 diodes.
Never had a wrong-un.
01ws6/tamu 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2012 at 3:18 AM / IP Logged  
Damm do I miss the cliffords of the early 90's they were some bullet proof alarms. I actually still have a friend that bought a 96 camaro new while we were in high school I installed a clifford remote start and smart windows module. Soldered and heat shrinked everything and the sucker still works beautifully today. But it's getting hard as hell to find remotes for it as they fail. He's been buying one at a time off ebay as he finds them.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2012 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  
I have about 10, Eagle II type onwards, trouble is the UK version (green LED) wasn't compatible with the US version.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic