icon

2003 impala remote start issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dsjacr 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
One more question. Does acc2 need to be connected? Im assuming I could trigger the relay with either the white or green thick wires from the 600s? What does acc2 run? Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

I believe the Brown ACC2 powers extraneous items like wipers and power windows, not too sure.  It shouldn't hurt

anything to try it without.  If you you want to power it, the CM600-s makes it pretty easy.  Use the thin WHITE/ Black
wire (-) Accessory Output to control the extra relay. 

Wire as follows :

Relay Pin 85 to CM600 WHITE/ Black
Relay Pin 86 and 87 to +12V constant thru 20 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Brown ACC2
Relay Pin 87A not used - insulate

Soldering is fun!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with kreg357. I never power it, including on my own personal GM cars. This way, the wipers remain off during remote start, even if you left them on when you parked the car.
P.S. Just curious, did the parking light input on the INTSL work for you? I tried it once a few years ago and it didn't.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Did a 2005 Trailblazer with an INT-SL recently.  Went W2W and it did control the Parking Lights through the INT-SL module.
Soldering is fun!
dsjacr 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the parking lights work. I opted not to hook up the acc2. Everything works great now. The only thing that I would like is for the doors to auto lock during remote starting. I couldn't find this programming info in the owners manual, but that's not saying it isn't written somewhere. Thanks a million!
kreg357 
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure if the D2D mode will complicate things but...here is a possible ( indirect ) solution.
Assuming you are not presently using the CM600-s Orange Rearm Output wire, take a look at programming option 2-07.  If you
program 2-07 to Setting 3 and connect the Orange wire to the INT-SL Purple Lock Input wire, it should accomplish your needs.
Soldering is fun!
dsjacr 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks! I Googled programming compustar 600s and found an installation manual. I bough 3 of these online and neither included this manual. I was going by the wiring listed on the rear of the 600s and the instructions that came with the INSTL+. No wonder I had a hard time lol. I assumed that since all 3 units did not include this manual that it only had a users manual? I appreciate all of your help!!!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic