rs do not work on shop

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2012 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
We just experience the weirdest thing ever. Today all of the RS RS/alarm combo that we installed would not work in or around the shop. When i say in or around the shop I mean the remotes will not control the unit inside or about 50-70 feet around the shop. No lock, unlock,trunk or rs. We had to do all system inside and take the car down the road to test before putting them back together.
We mainly use Ultra(I now it's the owners idea) and Python(our preferred brand). But I have a 2-way Prestige and it was affected as well.
It all started around noon when the power went out for about half an hour. After the power came back we could not operate any rs in the area.   
I have only seen it happen before but it was right in front of a municipal building and the comm center for the town was there(dpw, fire and police) and it was the radio comm for the town doing it. But we don't have anything like this close to us.
Any ideas as of what was happening?
ieSpell rocks.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 20, 2012 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
I've seen cases where there's another remote somewhere in the vicinity that has a sticky button and it's stuck in the "transmit" position.
We use Audiovox where I work, and I'm not sure if other brands would be the same. But we do see Audiovox remotes with sticky buttons every now and then. I work mobile, and a few weeks ago I had a sticky remote in my car's inventory (that was going back for warranty), and it would interfere with my installations that day until I banged it on something and/or took the battery out.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
A local public services tower or a weather radar, something with frequency of 400mhz or a harmonic, possibly even an emergency broadcast tower which powered up with the power outage.
Public emergency services, taxicabs etc. all have their own dedicated frequencies over here.
When Chrysler launched the Voyagers some years ago in Europe the idea was to hand the remotes over to the journalists and say drive over (or under) to France and report on the vehicles.
Dover has the most powerful civilian maritime radar in the world at around 430mhz.
You can guess what happened next.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic