the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

how do you know if your bypass has died?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kingelectric 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Viper 5704 with DBALL bypass. The RS no longer works. It will how ever do the Pit Stop mode. (The truck will continue to run, but once the keys are pulled the accessories all turn off. Inserting the key, without turning it, will turn all the accessories back on. Then pulling the key again will leave all the accessories on as they should have been to begin with.) Does this sound symptomatic of the bypass being messed up? I have reprogrammed it over and over to no avail.
2008 Chevy Express Cargo
Viper 5704
DBALL bypass
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2012 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
What happens when you use the remote? Do parking lights flash...? So, the bypass worked previously, or at least the Van started with the remote...? You did the Install? Do you have a DMM? Is the DBALL controlling anything else or just the security(IE-door locks, brake, etc...). You can use the PKUMUX on that Van, but it is just for the security portion and 2 keys required for programming.
http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?src=vs1&p=null&year=2008&make=Chevrolet&model=Express%20Van&ps=1&s=0&c=0
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
kingelectric 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2012 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, it used to start the van. It is a self-install. Yes I have a DMM.   The parking lights do not flash repeatedly or anything. They flash on once during the 3 attempts to start that you can hear relays click for, but the starter never cranks. The pink in the viper RS harness goes from continuity to 12v during the 3 start attempts, back to continuity between attempts.
Is there a benefit to switching bypasses? Why not just buy another DBALL and plug n play?
kingelectric 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2012 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't mean for that reply to come across badly. I was just answering the questions...
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2012 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
Does the DB-All go through the programming sequence (LED flashes, etc)?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kingelectric 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2012 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
Yes. It is so weird. The Pit Stop works, but pulling the key turns off accessories, that is until you put key right back in (without turning it) After putting the key back in, you can pull the key and the accessories stay on for the rest of the Pit stop timer.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2012 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
Shot way out in left field here (don't think this is it) but try relearning the tach signal. Also, does the remote start work with the key in the ignition (not turned)? If it remote starts with the key in the ignition, try it again with just holding the key near the barrel.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kingelectric 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Will look into the virtual tach delete and relearn. No it doesn't work with key in ignition.
I noticed tonight that I can hear the fuel pump kick on but it never cranks.
offroadzj 
Posted: September 25, 2012 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
If it doesn't even crank with the key in the ignition, then it may not be the bypass. How do you have the DB-all connected... w2w or d2d? I suggest going w2w because it makes it much easier to diagnose. Also, how do you have the main ignition wires connected?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kingelectric 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2012 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
How do you have the DB-all connected... w2w or d2d? I suggest going w2w because it makes it much easier to diagnose.
It is hooked up for D2D.
offroadzj wrote:
Also, how do you have the main ignition wires connected?
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. All connections are soldered and taped.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic