advancedkeys problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wyseone 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  

Good day all,

I posted before about issues with my install which consists of the following connected W2W

Viper 5902, DBALL and AK-PSB05

The issue I am having is that the AdvancedKeys has to enable the DBALL so it's negative GWR output is connected to the DBALL status input which is also connected to the Vipers GWR status.

The AdvancedKeys sends the GWR signal when in the ACC, ON  (RUN) and START states however what is happening is somehow it is causing my doors to lock everytime is stops sending the GWR (if I go from ACC to ON to RUN and right when it hits ACC again that is where the doors lock) and I want to know if I can stop this somehow. The other issue is if I connect the GWR from the AdvancedKeys to the - keysense as well (per the instructions you cut the keysense wire from the vehicle and connect it to the AdvancedKeys GWR output and leave a chipless key in the ignition to unlock the steering wheel) I can no longer remote start the vehicle, something is causing the GWR to the DBALL to not recieve the ground signal.

Any ideas, should I be using diodes somewhere to prevent these 2 issues?

shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2012 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
When using multiple GWRs or when running the GWR to the bypass and keysense, you should always diode isolate to prevent feedback from each to interfere with the other. Also, having no diode on the keysense wire will keep the DBALL active even when running with the key.
As for the locks, check your settings on both the Viper and the AK to see if ignition locking or similar is enabled.
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  

Ignition locking is disabled on Viper and from the vehicle.

The DBALL is doing the lock when the AdvancedKey push button stops sending the GWR signal when it is not in the ACC, ON (RUN) or START mode, it never unlocks though. It is annoying since when I turn the vehicle off the doors lock me in and I have to unlock to exit. I did find a work around by setting the Viper to Unlock with ignition, this seems to overide the lock that the DBALL is doing.

So what happens is I get in and push the button once for ACC, again for ON and again for START, when I shut off the engine it goes to STANDBY mode when the GWR is not outputing, at that point the doors lock. It also does this if I just cycle through the presses without starting and shuting off the car.

I know what diodes do, I am just not sure which wires and which way to place them. I can test and report back but need to know which wires and which way they should be (the band).

Not sure what you mean about the DBALL staying active, without a diode the way it is now with the key in (blank key no chip) and the keysense connected to the AdvancedKey brain the DBALL never becomes active and I cannot remote start the vehicle (DBALL never becomes active). Without the Keysense wire connected to the AdvancedKey brain and connected to the car only (stock) it does become active in the ACC, ON (RUN) or START mode and I can also remote start the vehicle but I get the annoying key reminder when I turn the vehicle off and open the door when exiting.

Thank you for the reply.

wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
I also tested the lock I am experiencing by running a wire from the GWR by tapping into the wire between the Viper and DBALL GWR and when I connect it to vehicle ground it triggers the door locks.
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2012 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
I got my locks to not lock now when I turn off the car with the advancekeys button by leaving the factory keysense connected as well as connecting the GWR from the AK brain with a diode (band towards factory keysense wire) but now the DBALL stays on even with the turned off. Also the Viper domelight supervision stops working and I get the key warning when exiting, I can live with those if I have tobbut the DBALL staying on I think will drain my battery.
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2012 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Throwing another idea out there...
What if I totally remove the GWR output from the AK to the DBALL since it is only enabling the DBALL when in the ACC, ON (START) and RUN modes since that is the reason for the locks activating and just use one of the Viper - aux outputs connected to the DBALL status (GWR) wire and set the aux output to latched and link to disarm?
This would enable the DBALL only once when the Viper is disarmed (unlocked), once Armed the DBALL would turn off. This is how I have my headrest DVDs connected. Turn on when disarmed and remain on until armed so they would turn off and disrupt the move when I turnoff the car and started it.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
The issue I can for-see is that you will no longer have the immobilizer bypass for the Advanced Keys without the DB-All activated.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2012 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, going back to my first post.
I can remote start however the factory alarm goes off.
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2012 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
But the DBALL will be active the entire time the Viper is disarmed so the AK should still function.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2012 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know DBALL's all that well, but I'm pretty sure they are activated (immobilizer wise) by the Ground When Running which is only active while the remote start function is activated. So as soon as the brake is applied, the GWR goes away and the module becomes inactive. So unless that GWR has a ground signal, the DBALL will not be active (as far as I know). There must be a setting in the DBALL or the remote start that tells the module to lock when the GWR input is lost because I can't think of any cars I've done where the module locked the doors when the GWR was lost...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic