icon

carvox 2300 x6a domelight problems :

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
randyhub 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  

I bought one of these off EBay had an alarm shop install it and have most things working fine except have a couple of hings still not working right.

When I use the factory remote on my 2007 Toyota FJ to lock the doors the dome light turns off immediately. But when I use the Carvox remote the dome light stays on for about 20 secs??? If the domelight is on I can't arm the Carvox alarm as it sets off the alarm siren??? If I use the factory remote first to lock the doors then the Carvox all is good.

If I use the remote starter it starts fine after 15 minutes shuts off as it should but turns on the domelight and sets off the alarm??????

Canot find anything in the manual to shut off the domelight, emails to Carvox are unanswered. :(

Any direction would be gratly appreciated.

Thanks

Randy

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
They've picked up lock, possibly unlock at the wrong wires, never had a problem with alarm or R/S shutting the dome immediately on lock, it's why I tell people not to bother with dome supervision on Toyota/Lexus.
randyhub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you, do I need the dome light lead in order to trigger an alarm if the door is opened or will the vibration sensor pick it up?
Randy
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
You can but test, also looking at your first post it might be that they have installed dome supervision when not needed.
You really need to know the Carvox wire colours.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
Yes if the sensor is the correct sensitivity, you need to print the Carvox wires off of the manual, there is usually a door trigger wire and one or two dome supervision wires.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
7 pin white plug, BLACK/ white, cut it.
randyhub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks so much Howie II, I did test the shock sensor and it does not trigger when I pound on the windows or door. :( I will find the sensor relocate it to a better location, set the sensitivity cut that wire you side on the plug into the unit and give her a go.
Really appreciate this guidance just wish I could have got this from Carvox as well as overall the unit is not that bad just poorly documented. It is not a Compustar or Viper but is sure is nice having the remote starter here in Canada.
Randy
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
With these problems you should have taken it back to the install place.
Toyotas are not rocket science, they made their name on doing the basics well with reliability.
randyhub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
Agreed but the installer was unhappy I did not spend 700.00 on his starter kit I have 350.00 into this so I just did not go back, but yes I had to reposition the fm antennas, change the alarm led, reprogram the brain, and now this...
I used to install telephone system and now am into data networks so I enjoy hands on a bit as my Fluke meter was getting a tad dusty. :)
Randy
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
I was about to go into one there about labour rates but properly done I charge about £200 ($300 US) labour for that job + a by-pass so I suppose it's much of a muchness.
But then I don't expect my customer to have to do all that tidying up after me or remove a dome supervision feature that was upsetting everything and wasn't even needed. = Lack of knowledge or competence.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic