icon

extra speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
feller21 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
My question is fairly simple but complex to me. How would I add another set or 2 extra sets of speakers to my car? I am running all components 1n the 2 locations but would like to add another set of midranges in the rear. How would I get a signal to get to these speakers to add to the 4 hookups? I don't mind adding additional amplifier but I'm lost on how it would receive an audio signal to identify it is there?
Thanks y'all
Feller21
98' civic
Clarion DXZ945mp DECK
PPI 6X9
PPI 6.5 COMPS
Cadence 5.25's
RE XT 800.4 AMP
RE DTS 1500.1 AMP
Equake TNT 2000/1wd AMP
powerbass XAX 2150hd AMP
ALUMAPRO BP 10" SUB
PPI PC124 12" SUB
feller21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2013 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
1998 HONDA CIVIC EX
KENWOOD EXCELON KDC X496 DECK
RE AUDIO 6X9 RF REAR
RE AUDIO 6.5 COMP C FRONTS
RE AUDIO XT 800.4 AMP
RE AUDIO DTS 1500.1 MONO AMP
RE AUDIO XT 1600.2 V3 2 CHANNEL
ALUMAPRO BP 10: BAND PASS SUB
2 PHOENIX GOLD TX 10" TANTRUM SUBS
98' civic
Clarion DXZ945mp DECK
PPI 6X9
PPI 6.5 COMPS
Cadence 5.25's
RE XT 800.4 AMP
RE DTS 1500.1 AMP
Equake TNT 2000/1wd AMP
powerbass XAX 2150hd AMP
ALUMAPRO BP 10" SUB
PPI PC124 12" SUB
z03mz03m 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2013 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  
If your current speakers(and the new ones) are 4 ohms you could just hook the 3rd set of speakers up to the same 4 ch amp you have in parallel to either the front left and right or rear left and right, which would decrease the load to the amplifier to 2 ohms increasing the amount of power it puts out.
extra speakers -- posted image.
If you add another amplifier then you would have to use the RCA output from the current 4ch amp (right side black RCA OUT on image below) to go to the new amplifier.
extra speakers -- posted image.
Dodge Magnum in progress:
Pioneer DEH-80PRS - PPI Amps - Dayton Subwoofer(s) - Exodus Anarchy's - Vifa Tweeters - Kinetik Battery
feller21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
THAT IS SIMPLE HUH?, THANK YOU FOR THE TIP AND MORESO FOR PULLING UP MY AMP AND SHOWING ME ON THAT DIAGRAM!!!
98' civic
Clarion DXZ945mp DECK
PPI 6X9
PPI 6.5 COMPS
Cadence 5.25's
RE XT 800.4 AMP
RE DTS 1500.1 AMP
Equake TNT 2000/1wd AMP
powerbass XAX 2150hd AMP
ALUMAPRO BP 10" SUB
PPI PC124 12" SUB
feller21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
ACTUALLY I FORGOT THEY ARE 8 OHM MIDS, I WANTED TO GET A SET OF TWEETS AND A CROSSOVER SO MAYBE THAT WOULD BRING EM BACK DOWN TO 4 OHM AGAIN??
98' civic
Clarion DXZ945mp DECK
PPI 6X9
PPI 6.5 COMPS
Cadence 5.25's
RE XT 800.4 AMP
RE DTS 1500.1 AMP
Equake TNT 2000/1wd AMP
powerbass XAX 2150hd AMP
ALUMAPRO BP 10" SUB
PPI PC124 12" SUB
z03mz03m 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2013 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
#1 Please stop typing in caps...it's annoying and against the Forum Rules and Guidlines
On this page there are calculators to answer your question.
What are you trying to accomplish by adding more speakers?
Pioneer DEH-80PRS - PPI Amps - Dayton Subwoofer(s) - Exodus Anarchy's - Vifa Tweeters - Kinetik Battery
feller21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2013 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
I apologize for the caps, it's easier typing in all caps and quite frankly nothing i said or asked was rude in anyway. I gotta say that forums are way too Fraternity ran for me. Just looking to get advice and it is obvious to anyone that my Caps aren't rude except for the people who are so easily insulted that it drives them crazy to see it. Sorry for the rant and i know i will be booted for this but every forum i have tried are way too sensitive and treat newbies like crap. I'm trying to get more midranges sound in my car to answer your question. It is not a necessity just a want, it need not happen just wanted to use these nice mids that fell in my lap is all. thanks for your info and sorry to offend you or any other member of this forum.
98' civic
Clarion DXZ945mp DECK
PPI 6X9
PPI 6.5 COMPS
Cadence 5.25's
RE XT 800.4 AMP
RE DTS 1500.1 AMP
Equake TNT 2000/1wd AMP
powerbass XAX 2150hd AMP
ALUMAPRO BP 10" SUB
PPI PC124 12" SUB
z03mz03m 
Posted: March 26, 2013 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
No offense taken here, its simply easier for me to read lower caseextra speakers -- posted image.. But if you want help from some of the more experienced members its best to read the rules to enable us to easily help you.
Can you be more specific than "midranges"
high-frequencies (symbols, piccolo)
mid-range (voices, violin)
mid-bass (drums/bass guitar)
bass (bass drum/bass guitar)
sub bass (low notes on bass guitar)
I have a feeling you may be looking for more mid-bass which is a common thing in car audio. If you go to forums, car audio hot topics, how to "achieve awesome mid-bass" that may help you decide the best way to achieve your goal. If you read it you will see how adding more speakers is not necessarily the solution.
What are the speakers you have that you are considering putting in?
feller21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
It may fix itself by pulling my 6x9's and adding these mids with seperate tweets and a crossover. i don't believe i get the best sound from my rear 6x9's and instead of adding additional speakers I may just put in these mids. they are Cadence FX6M8's which means 8 ohm, my front staging is great but rear is not so great. Instead of buying more speakers I thought I would just add these in some pods my friend builds and originally didn't know how to add. You described that well and I may do it or pull 6x9's and put these in as they were free, and on top of that they were chosen by Audioclubonline.com's audio van after rehearsing over 30 midrange speakers they chose these Cadence mids so that is why. I am pretty informed but no expert and i have a lot crammed into my civic already but just want to audition these and make a decision on having heard the mids instead of just leaving in a box. I listen to hard/alt rock and sometimes I lose some of the snare, or acoustical guitar in the sound system I have put together. In essence I feel I am lacking in the mid range category and why not try free mids out and then say that ain't the fix, try something else?? They each way like 6.5 lbs and are highly reviewed. That is all really. Again Thanks for your advice!!
98' civic
Clarion DXZ945mp DECK
PPI 6X9
PPI 6.5 COMPS
Cadence 5.25's
RE XT 800.4 AMP
RE DTS 1500.1 AMP
Equake TNT 2000/1wd AMP
powerbass XAX 2150hd AMP
ALUMAPRO BP 10" SUB
PPI PC124 12" SUB
feller21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hey z03mz03m, I appreciate your advice and found a great post about mids like you said to do. I think I will pull my 6x9's and put in some 6.5 comps in some pods built by a friend. But great advice and I am seeing that mids were really designed for using 2 to 20 in show vans or to get extreme output not necessarily better sound. I have another question for you and I haven't found a post on this and my local audio guy has me a bit confused. If I have 2 single 4 ohm subs, i know that 1 ohm mono is not an option so I will need an amp stable at 2ohm correct? if this be the case, is it actually running that 2 ohm stable amp bridged in stereo to get equal power to each sub? In other words, if an amp is 400watts mono stable at 2ohm, i will get 400 watts to each sub correct? Is this done by running bridged mode back to 4 ohm? or even easier yet, with 2 single 4 ohm subs can they be run in 2 ohm by 2 or does it need to be 4 ohm? I have looked at the subwoofer wiring chart and it still confuses me that a 400 mono amp will send 400 watts to each sub where I thought the power was split between the 2. I know freshman stuff here but I have been looking at amplifiers all wrong over the years. Any advice welcome Sir!!
98' civic
Clarion DXZ945mp DECK
PPI 6X9
PPI 6.5 COMPS
Cadence 5.25's
RE XT 800.4 AMP
RE DTS 1500.1 AMP
Equake TNT 2000/1wd AMP
powerbass XAX 2150hd AMP
ALUMAPRO BP 10" SUB
PPI PC124 12" SUB
Page of 3