icon

cliffnet wizard pro for avantguard 5.1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sunlitcomet 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2013 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
my cliffnet wizard pro is old like version 1.** and does not carry avantguard 5 configurations and when i bought the interface from sonics last year i accidentally go the consumer kit and did not notice cause i had it still sitting in the packing box for three months. any one with a link to the current pro so i dont need to buy another interface kit.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2013 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  
You're referring to V 2.2.
The kit isn't compatible with ANY G5 product.
You can't use the Pro version for tach learning and then it glitches the unit.
sunlitcomet 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2013 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
well i had already has the system working with tach set by dash mounted coder when installed a while back and using the current consumer version i recalibrated it to allow for some changes in the engine puter. at that point the engine would crank continuously while at the same time the engine wanted to die from loosing volts during crank while initiating with the software after actuating ignition power button. when back in to the coded key programming method and reset rpm. now when i press the button it starts runs for 2 seconds and shuts down with no other attempt as if press the starter button a second time. so at this point remote start is useless.
one other issue. smart window 4 is on. manual door switch control moves window either rear window up and down as direct. but if you manually control thru software buttons left window is fine the right one has the opposite direct as door switch so when i arm the system the right window open left closed. if i remote vent left open right closes. all this while manual door switch control is normal.
sunlitcomet 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2013 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
also noticed the help file included with the consumer version has some titles but all the text is missingcliffnet wizard pro for avantguard 5.1 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2013 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged  
I do all the programming manually the only use for the Wiz is crank time and then it can take up to 50 attempts to succeed.
The window problem, you've wired it the wrong way round, also make sure you go directly to the motor wires in each door.
A 530t beats Smart Win 4 every time.
What car?
sunlitcomet 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2013 at 3:08 AM / IP Logged  
50 attempts for the program to get the actual cranking time set correctly? wow. and for the window which area is wired backwards you think the wire to the door switch outputs or the wires to the motor inputs? the door switches make the window go in the right direction as controlled by the sw4 relays but anything other then door switches the right one is backward.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2013 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  
Motor wires. Sorry, have to go to work.
Final note, Wiz is great for G4 product, lousy for G5.
When DEI absorbed Clifford they let go of the original software author because they wanted to push the frankly inferior Bitwriter.
Unfortunately there were software rewrites on the G5 that the Wiz couldn't handle and now no one at DEI could update the Wiz software.
sunlitcomet 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2013 at 3:16 AM / IP Logged  
will look into it thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2013 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, worthwhile changing around motor and switch wires on that window, try motor wires first, if it doesn't work or blows a fuse, then try switch wires.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2013 at 3:27 AM / IP Logged  
That story by the way is hearsay from the then UK importers but it has a ring of truth and fits the known facts/problems.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic