the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5704v 97 tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Good to hear that everything is working OK with the new alarm system.
It's nice to have a cool car in the summer and a warm car in the winter. viper 5704v 97 tahoe - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
kawasakiklx1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2013 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
Just when I think all the fun is over! So I went to use my remote start today and it fired up the ignition as usually. Then, just as the starter kicked over, the alarm went off siren/horns and all. Remote told me the trunk is open.
I disarmed the system and it worked fine, the remote start that is. This problem was not present at the beginning.
Any ideas?
kawasakiklx1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2013 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  
One last thing...only setting I modified was under convenience...I tried to set aux 1 to disarm...I believe option 4. My belief was that when I popped the trunk it would auto disarm. That does not seem to be the case. Could that be part of it?
ckhaustralia 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
Is the brain for a 5704V fixable? I have an issue system says its in valet mode, "constant blue light" but its not in valet mode, went through the steps and it turns the valet mode off and I get confirmation of that via HD remote yet the light stays on. Could this be a bad unit?
UPDATE! Apparently nobody knew the answer so I ordered a new brain box and that fixed the problem, curiosity got me so I opened the old one up and found a burnt circuit in the form of a black bubbled up pin hole in one of the chips, I suspect I sent positive current through one of the negative hook ups (dome light) because that was the only circuit that did nothing when I tested all of them. I suppose I could've disconnected the blue light and been fine but im glad it all works now and a replacement box was pretty cheap. everything else still worked including the black button on the antenna. So there you go, Does anyone have the schematic's for the 5704V ,so I can find and replace the "black bubbled up pin hole in one of the chips" and get the unit working peoperly again...
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic