icon

nissan nv2500 remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dguertin 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2013 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
I have a New Hornet 564t that I've had sitting around. I'm looking at installing it in my Nissan NV work van. I found a wiring diagram on Bulldogs site. It states that the factory alarm needs a double pulse to disarm it.
Will the Hornet work with it?
Also I'm not finding good info on the bypass module. What do I need to make this or any unit to work with this van?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Does your NV have a factory alarm?
iDatalink bypass info:
http://www.idatalink.com/product/product/product_id/1/vehicle_make_id/31/vehicle_year_id/2013/vehicle_model_id/984/package_type/0/vehicle_id/11665
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
dguertin 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
smokeman1 wrote:
Does your NV have a factory alarm?
iDatalink bypass info:
http://www.idatalink.com/product/product/product_id/1/vehicle_make_id/31/vehicle_year_id/2013/vehicle_model_id/984/package_type/0/vehicle_id/11665
Thanks, No not that I'm aware of. It has aftermarket door locks with a simple Automate AM2 keyless entry that was dealer installed.
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2013 at 5:14 AM / IP Logged  
If no factory alarm, you need not worry about the double pulse.
dguertin 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2013 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  
smokeman1 wrote:
If no factory alarm, you need not worry about the double pulse.
Ah that makes sense Thank you.
dguertin 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2013 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks smokeman1 for the link to the idatalink module. That looks like the ticket. In their wiring diagram it shows a 4 wire vehicles "Immobilizer connector" plug that I wire to.
Is it showing me the plug from the wires 1-4 coming out side towards me or the open plug side?
dguertin 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
In Idatlinks wiring diagram it shows a 4 wire vehicles "Immobilizer connector" plug that I wire to.
Is it showing me the plug from the wires 1-4 coming out side towards me or the open plug side?
smokeman1 
Posted: October 27, 2013 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
There are usually shown from the wire side. Sometimes there might be numbers on one side or the other or both. Sometimes you have to go with wire color/position.
dguertin 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2013 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
A couple more questions please,
I can't fing the immobilizer plug under the dash near the switch. I looked at the window sticker and found that it states that it is a 2012 not a 2013. Idatalink does not list this year.
Is it posible that i don't have one? I do see 2 small wires going to the front of the key area.
What happens if I try to remote start it without anything? Will I lock up the CPU or something?
Thanks
smokeman1 
Posted: November 01, 2013 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
Try looking at the Fortin site. Their diagram might help you.
https://ifar.ca/download/11531/evo-all_nissan_infiniti.rev-20130801.pdf
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic