Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
duster1972 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2014 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
ok i have purchased a,
viper 5904v,
and a flash logic flcan and cable to load the firmware.
on flash logics site they give a diagram of how to hook it up found here
flcan ch8
Now my question is do you use the other heavy gauge wires on the viper unit like the starter out, starter in, accessory, or does the flcan take care of all of these wires.
I have installed several remote starters before but i have not done one with a can bus interface.
Another thing is the flcan can comunicate by d2d with the viper. How well does this work, i have no problem soldering the wires for the w2w connection, i just thought it might be a cleaner install with the d2d.
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2014 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
Look in the "pictorial" section of the forum for installations on newer Chrysler vehicles (2008+), yours will be somewhat similar to that.
D2D may work fine, try it first and if you notice any problems, you can switch to w2w.
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2014 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
duster1972 wrote:
ok i have purchased a,
viper 5904v,
and a flash logic flcan and cable to load the firmware.
on flash logics site they give a diagram of how to hook it up found here
flcan ch8
Now my question is do you use the other heavy gauge wires on the viper unit like the starter out, starter in, accessory, or does the flcan take care of all of these wires.
I have installed several remote starters before but i have not done one with a can bus interface.
Another thing is the flcan can comunicate by d2d with the viper. How well does this work, i have no problem soldering the wires for the w2w connection, i just thought it might be a cleaner install with the d2d.
if you are not an authorized installer you will not be able to flash your ads product. This is a push to start car meaning most everything is handled by the can module. I would recommend you taking this to your local trusted remote start expert. This is not something you want to save money on. Your vehicle is generally your second most expensive purchase( behind a house) you don't want to just trust that to any one. You may very well be very capable of doing this install but I would look over the install guides before starting on this one.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic