the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

avital 4x03 remote start, 98 lexus gs400

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2014 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
An ignition wire will remain powered while starting the car. Acc will drop then come back.
What are you using to bypass the chip key ?
You can try placing a key in the ignition cylinder ( just in not turning it on) and try the remote start. If it works your bypass isn't working (if you have one)
Now that you have the remote start powered correctly you can try the take over and make sure the car stays running. That will verify the rest of your install is good
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
kastenbm 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2014 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
I've done the take over mode once I got it working. That worked, also I don't have any kind of bypass hooked up. Is there one I need that I'm not aware of?
Now after I tried to change something in the program mode, the remote start isn't working again..?? So aggravating!
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
You should have a chip in your key. You will need a bypass to simulate the key. I personally like idatalink products.
As far as the remote start not working what is it doing ? What did you change ?
kastenbm 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2014 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
Is that the fix for the 6 second crank an no start problem? An what exactly is the name of what I need?
Well I was trying to change the unlock from 1 pulse to a 2 pulse setting. Followed the manual but wasn't sure if it even changed it. After that I tried remote start- no go, not even take over mode.
chev104275 
Posted: March 19, 2014 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
The car won't start without seeing a valid key signal.
You can go to idatalinks web site put in your car and it will show you what works with it.
As far as not starting now I'm not sure what you could have changed to make it not start.
To change the unlock pulses you should be on menu 1 ( 1 horn honk or led flash). Option 5. To get to option 5 you need to press and release the programming button 5 times then once more and hold the button down. (the horn should beep 5 times and the led should flash 5 times) then use the remotes lock and unlock buttons to change options. 1 beep/led flash for one, 2 beeps/led flashes for two and so on.
Recheck all your connections make sure nothing came loose
kastenbm 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2014 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
I'll check out that website.
I figured out the no start. I went to menu 2 instead of menu 1 an changed the activation input pulse to 3. That's fixed now.
now I need to figure out the door unlock situation. I have the green unlock wire (-) run to the driver's door, which is why I changed setting to 2 pulse unlock. But right now, with car running, no unlock. ?? Do I have to install a relay?
kastenbm 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2014 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
Still need to figure out my unlock setup. I have the green (-) unlock wire running from the remote start module to my drivers door. In the door I'm running two wires with diodes to the specified factory wires. Nothing happening?? Any advice would be appreciated...
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2014 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  

A few thoughts.  The Avital 4113 is a one button remote start system.  This is not the ideal system to use on a Toyota / Lexus

vehicle as they turn off their RKE FOB's while the engine is running.  Also remember that the Avital 4113 unlock feature will
only work while the engine is running under a remote start.  Just pressing the Avital button for 1/2 second will not unlock the
doors if the vehicle was not already running from a remote start up. 

Probably just a typo but the Avital 4113 Unlock output wire is Blue, not Green.

Check to ensure that the two diodes have their bands towards the R/S unit.  Verify the correct wires in the door and a quality

solder connection.  It is possible that the R/S's (-) 200mA Unlock output is not "strong" enough to actuate the unlock.  You can
test and verify everything by unplugging the Avitals' 3 Pin Lock harness and briefly jumping the Blue unlock wire to a solid
chassis ground.  With the unlock connections in the Drivers door you might have to program the Avital 4113 to a double unlock
pulse as a single pulse will only unlock the Drivers door due to the vehicles "progressive unlock" feature.

Their appears to be conflicting info on the vehicles lock system.  ReadyRemote ( DEI ) suggests that TechTip 1070 is necessary

for the 1998 while Bulldog and Audiovox don't.  The 1999 LS400 is listed in TechTip 1070 but not the 1998 LS400.
ReadyRemote
Power Unlock     Pink/Green (key unlock) and Gray (lock detection)  TecDoc1070  Driver Door ECU, gray 18 pin plug, pins 5 and 3
Bulldog Security
Power Unlock       GREEN/ BLACK  (-)  NEGATIVE TRIGGER
Audiovox
POWER UNLOCK      GREEN/ BLACK (TYPE B)        @ ECU, INSIDE PASSENGER DOOR 

P.S.  Please ignore the above paragraph.  Somehow I thought it was a LS400 and not the GS400 you mentioned.  avital 4x03 remote start, 98 lexus gs400 - Page 3 -- posted image.  Thanks to HarryHarris for catching my error.

Soldering is fun!
kastenbm 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2014 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
Finally got to mess with it, an no that wasn't a misprint..I don't know what I was thinking at the time. The unlock wire is the blue wire.
I have it on double pulse setting. I switched wires to correct color, an checked to make sure wire is getting signal.
When I manually unlocked the driver's door, the remote (with car running) would unlock all other doors. With drivers door locked it would do nothing..I also changed the setting on my lexus to unlock all doors with one pulse from factory key remote. Still the same
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2014 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

Almost sounds like you're not on the right Gray Lock Detection wire.  Double check this wire & connection. 

Maybe a bad diode on the branch going to the Grey wire?

Might be worth a try with a chassis ground double pulse manually applied directly to the Blue Unlock wire in the (unplugged) Avital lock harness.

Here is a link to another diagram, similar to the DEI 1070 document : http://documents.audiovox.com/710624.pdf

Soldering is fun!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic