icon

remote start / stop, 99 lexus rx300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2014 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
From the diagram lock wire is pink, unlock pink/blue.
Lock wire to pink unlock via relay cuts either blue/red or blue / YELLOW, whichever goes live on unlock, second unlock to pink/blue that will give you your second unlock.
bobster0007 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
I still cant get it to start. When i use the ignition key, I notice the security light does not flash. When i use the remote start button, I notice the light still flashes. Could the security light flashing mean the immobilzer is not letting the car start?
bobster0007 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2014 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
ok not the problem cause i inserted key and light stopped flashing.still no start.
bobster0007 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2014 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
Im disappointed in this forum and let me tell you why. This thread has has 932 views and only a couple people have offered a few fleeting vague comments knowing i know virtually nothing on this subject. I believe that its connected properly but i dont know the troubleshooting steps to track down the problem. I can assure you that im no sponge or tard and offer help to others on the daily on other forums where i have knowledge and skill.I guess if you guys like coming on here for entertainment thats ok too. Sad but ok with me. I need a purpose for doing something, getter done kind of thing. Anyway, you can remove this thread and myself as I see no reason to come back here for any real help.If your'e happy, Im happy for ya! Good luck to us all!
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2014 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
Well that's sad but such is the free internet forums. 932 doesn't mean 932 people have seen the thread and considering this forum is more filled with people that need help than people scouring to offer help number of views really mean nothing. But if your disappointed in not getting a response within 24 hr's then so be it, the "help" usually have day jobs that pay actual money and can't commit to a 24-hr response guarantee.
If you want to have us help troubleshoot, how about telling us what you installed, how it's installed (wired), and what is and isn't happening. "Won't start" is a VERY vague assessment.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2014 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
bobster0007, views include all views. These include search engine spiders/web bots, members, non-members, and your views. You've received replies and help from some of our most knowledgable members. Your frustration is understandable, but it seems to be misdirected.
remote start / stop, 99 lexus rx300 - Page 5 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
bobster0007 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2014 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
Well that's sad but such is the free internet forums. 932 doesn't mean 932 people have seen the thread and considering this forum is more filled with people that need help than people scouring to offer help number of views really mean nothing. But if your disappointed in not getting a response within 24 hr's then so be it, the "help" usually have day jobs that pay actual money and can't commit to a 24-hr response guarantee.
If you want to have us help troubleshoot, how about telling us what you installed, how it's installed (wired), and what is and isn't happening. "Won't start" is a VERY vague assessment.
I have actually listed everything that you mentioned here and it has been way longer than 24 hrs. I will be glad to list details once again as the thread is getting long. 1999 lexus RX300. compustar CS800s just a cheap 0ne way remote and keyless is all i need. I wired in a DEI 556uw. It reads the tach ( based on the manual )and flashes once before going through the 3 start cranking series. If there is a problem in the system, the lights should flash 3 times then pause and flash a number of times for certain codes. I tried inserting my ignition key and that dont help. The 556 is a simple unit but i dont know if it is actually operating properly and dont know how to check if the signal is recieved etc... Its frustrating because i do have some electrical skills but not this type of electronics. And i have not even addressed the door locks which i see is going to be another issue with this car having door ecu units to overcome.
bobster0007 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2014 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:
bobster0007, views include all views. These include search engine spiders/web bots, members, non-members, and your views. You've received replies and help from some of our most knowledgable members. Your frustration is understandable, but it seems to be misdirected.
Yes i have received some replies, none that helps me systematically track down the problem... I have a paypal account will gladly send some $$$ for a resolution.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2014 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
when you inserted the key into the ingition and tried to remote start the truck did you still have the 556U plugged in and the antenna around the ingition ?    If so you need to unplug the 556 and try it with the key in the ingition (not turned at all just slid into the cylinder) If it starts with the key in the ingition then you know the rest of your wiring is good. If not then we need to look into the rest of your wiring to make sure it is correct.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
bobster0007 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2014 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
when you inserted the key into the ingition and tried to remote start the truck did you still have the 556U plugged in and the antenna around the ingition ?    If so you need to unplug the 556 and try it with the key in the ingition (not turned at all just slid into the cylinder) If it starts with the key in the ingition then you know the rest of your wiring is good. If not then we need to look into the rest of your wiring to make sure it is correct.
Ok I unplugged the 556 unit and inserted my key in ignition. It still just cranks a series of 3 tries but no start. Are you sure the transponder in the key should transmit signal to immobilizer unit just from being inserted in cylinder and not turned? I have re checked the wiring and can see nothing wrong?
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic