the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5204x w/remote st

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2015 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
If the cluster doesn't see a start signal, but the car starts normally, PCM ECM will register a running car and no codes will be thrown. I don't see it as an issue.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
thorm465 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
If the cluster doesn't see a start signal, but the car starts normally, PCM ECM will register a running car and no codes will be thrown. I don't see it as an issue.
I've connected the remote start as you've suggested and removed my clutch bypass relay.
Now I'm having a problem with the learn tach function, again.
A little back story, I had to pull the entire alarm/remote start out to hunt down a problem I was having. Ended up being a problem with a connection in my VATS Bypass.
Before I pulled out the Viper, I performed the Learn Tach function and it work without problem.
I've reinstalled it. Now it won't perform the Learn Tach function no matter how long I hold the control button????
I've checked my Tach signal from the t connector and I'm getting 5.xx Volts.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
check to see if you might have accidentally bent any pins into the unit. you shouldn't need to program tach if you already programmed it the first tie.
Ted
Compustar Expert
thorm465 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2015 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
check to see if you might have accidentally bent any pins into the unit. you shouldn't need to program tach if you already programmed it the first tie.
I was wondering that. I was assuming that after an extended period of time without power the module would revert to default mode. So you're saying the first time I programmed it, it flashed the module?
If I don't need to reprogram the tach learn then I have another problem. I can't get the MTS remote start to engage when I'm shutting off the car.
Thanks!
tedmond 
Posted: January 20, 2015 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
if you cant enter reservation mode, its either 4 things. No tach signal, no door trigger, no ignition, no ebrake. Start checking those
any remote start diagnostics? Forget to ground the BLACK/ white neutral safety wire and plug in the switch?
Ted
Compustar Expert
thorm465 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2015 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
if you cant enter reservation mode, its either 4 things. No tach signal, no door trigger, no ignition, no ebrake. Start checking those
any remote start diagnostics? Forget to ground the BLACK/ white neutral safety wire and plug in the switch?
Yes on the remote start diagnosis. When trying to use the remote start I get the parking lights flash 7 times.
"7 flashes Timer mode/Turbo mode/Manual mode error *
*Manual mode error: MTS mode not enabled."
When installing the viper, I connected all the remote start (H3 harness)wires before connecting the harness to the module. Using my multimeter I insured I was getting proper signal from each wire at the correct phases.
I know the tach wire connection is giving signal to the wire. I also know the connection on the ebrake wire is giving a ground signal when the ebrake is engaged. I have the neutral safety switch attached here. I don't know the harness is getting the signal, but have no reason to think it's not.
I'll check the door triggers. I have a little bit of a complicated setup here connecting to both door triggers using diodes to insure one door doesn't trigger both indicators in the bcm. Each BCM wire connection got two 1 amp diodes. I know the connection for Viper wire was giving a signal albeit not a particularly strong signal.
H2/6 GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT (N/C* OR N/O)
USE DIODES Preventing a Current from traveling BACK to the BCM and you can bridge the three
BCM D11 GRY/BLK Driver Door Open Input
BCM D12 BLK/WHT Passenger DOI
Thank you very much for the help!
thorm465 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2015 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry I didn't finish the following thought.
Using my multimeter I insured I was getting proper signal from each wire at the correct phases.
This was done at the harness that connects to the Viper module.
tedmond 
Posted: January 20, 2015 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
btw, the BLACK/ white is suppose to get the ground from the ebrake
Ted
Compustar Expert
thorm465 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2015 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
btw, the BLACK/ white is suppose to get the ground from the ebrake
Yes that's exactly what I used.
H2/2 BLACK/ WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY INPUT
tedmond 
Posted: January 20, 2015 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
you listed it as a chassis ground on your initial post.
Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic