2011 Toyota Tacoma and Viper 5706v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
warsatan 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2015 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
OK, forget everything you've read up so far and lose the meter, both irrelevant.
We're going to do this old school.
Get yourself a decent bulb tester, Snap-On, Mac, Craftsman.
Place the clip to ground and probe the ignition switch loom.
You will get the following as you turn the key from off to start.
Two will be at 12 volts all the time note the colours. Power sources.
One will be live only on ACC, ignition and engine run NOT crank. Note the colour. ACC
Two will be live on ignition, crank and engine run. Note the colours. Ignition 1 and 2.
Two will be live only on crank. Note the colours. Starter 1 and 2.
That's it and to be honest that's how I STILL do it.
Much, much quicker but reserved for pros because we (should) know when to only use a meter.
I understood what you're trying to show me there. But i'll be facing the same problem again. Let's say that I'll find two wires that will be live on crank only. How do I tell which one is Starter 1 and which one is Second Starter?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2015 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
Doesn't matter which is dictated as starter 1 vs starter 2. As long as the circuit is powered then thats all that matters. Every circuit, when powered with the RS, as if you started with the key will prevent any codes/errors.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2015 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
There is a way of defining:-
Whichever ignition or starter wire you cut then the car won't start is ignition or starter 1. Can you be bothered?
warsatan 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2015 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
I see what you did there . but what's the purpose of ignition 2 and starterter 2 for ? Says if you cut the ignition 1 or starter 1 then the car won't start
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2015 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  
It's nominal the one that when cut prevents engine run is simply number one by convention.
We've lost time from our lives from your irrelevant questions. Goodbye.
warsatan 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2015 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
My questions aren't irrelevant. I simply asked "why/how" that lead to your answers. Would you take an answer without reasons/explanations behind it? You don't have to be a brick. You don't have to reply to my posts/questions.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2015 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
warsatan wrote:
Please help, I don't want to mess up my truck by switch up the starter/2nd starter or ignition/2nd ignition
You won't. The Viper doesn't know what it's connected to.
The guys want you to test and verify the functions, using your wiring guide information. There are three TYPES of circuits at the Ignition Switch:
IGNITION = OV in OFF, 12V in RUN, 12V in START.
STARTER = 0V in OFF, 0V in RUN, 12V in START.
ACCY = 0V in OFF, 12V in RUN, 0V in START.
The Viper has outputs configured for each of the above. Some outputs such as "FLEX" can be programmed to any of the three TYPES.
Many vehicles have more than one wire of a particular TYPE. When this occurs, the guides call the additional circuits of the same TYPE "2nd or 2", "3rd or 3" etc. It doesn't matter how many there are of a TYPE, but it is important to keep them electrically separated using relays.
Your confusion is in "what is the difference between 1 and 2"? There isn't any. The car won't know, and neither will the Viper. If a wire tests and behaves as a "STARTER", wire it to a START output. If you find a 2nd wire that also tests as "STARTER" wire it to a START output too.
warsatan wrote:
Let's say that I'll find two wires that will be live on crank only. How do I tell which one is Starter 1 and which one is Second Starter?
If it makes you feel better, call the second START wire you identify "Starter 2". And the second IGNITION wire you find "Ignition 2". But think about it. It doesn't matter what they are called as long as the wires' functions are correctly identified, and connected to corresponding output types on the Viper.
I would use the FLEX relay/output for STARTER 2 because it's 87a terminal is accessible. Then you can cut both STARTER wires, and use internal Viper relays for both of the Toyota's Starter circuits.
Easy-Peasey.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2015 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
Ted tried an analogy. I'll write one too.
You're a server in a busy restaurant. A coworker asks you to help her out by delivering a tray of drinks to Table #4.
On the tray are:
1 Coke
1 7-Up
2 Waters (Water-1, 2nd Water).
You arrive at Table #4. There are 4 people at the table.
"Who's having Coke?" one person indicates the Coke is for them.
"And the 7-up?" another person takes the 7-Up.
You then distribute the 2 waters to the remaining 2 people.
Did it matter which glass of water went to which of the remaining 2 people? (No. Each of the 2 people got the "type" of drink they ordered).
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2015 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
davep. wrote:
Ted tried an analogy. I'll write one too.
You're a server in a busy restaurant. A coworker asks you to help her out by delivering a tray of drinks to Table #4.
On the tray are:
1 Coke
1 7-Up
2 Waters (Water-1, 2nd Water).
You arrive at Table #4. There are 4 people at the table.
"Who's having Coke?" one person indicates the Coke is for them.
"And the 7-up?" another person takes the 7-Up.
You then distribute the 2 waters to the remaining 2 people.
Did it matter which glass of water went to which of the remaining 2 people? (No. Each of the 2 people got the "type" of drink they ordered).
Well this thread escalated quickly haha. 2011 Toyota Tacoma and Viper 5706v - Page 3 -- posted image.
Btw Dave, love the analogy! I had a good laugh while in the ER 2011 Toyota Tacoma and Viper 5706v - Page 3 -- posted image.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
warsatan 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2015 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
Gents,
Thank you for all the explanations . I got the RS up and running now . I still have to find the lock/unlock wires tomorrow and run the antena wires .
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic