icon

2001 Ford Excursion, Viper 5706v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hitagain 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2015 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
Sry typo truck. How do you put the 5706 in D2D mode?
banthonyb71 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2015 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
I will be honest, I know some models have started chipping, default d2d mode and I'm not 100% if your model is or isnt set d2d default., but, the process went: unplug the connector with 12volt power. ground the negative activation. (usually white with blue stripe) then plug the power back in while the neg activation is still grounded. the led should flash 6 times. disconnect neg activation. if led doesnt flash, then it is already in data mode and the problem lies elsewhere. I can tell you...those pkfm's are tricky lil sons o b's
banthonyb71 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2015 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
If the d2d switch doesnt work try these steps in this order
1 being most likely to work.
1. connect your negative status out from the viper, to your negative ground while running on pkfm. if that fails.
2.Switch the rx and tx connections. if that fails.
3. switch ignition power from truck, to security module ignition. if that fails.
4.switch from d2d to w2w
I know its alot..but its very typical for that module. but I highly doubt you make it to step 4 before you get it to work. barring a defective module.
hitagain 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
1. connect your negative status out from the viper, to your negative ground while running on pkfm. if that fails. No change
2.Switch the rx and tx connections. if that fails. The theft light stops flashing fast but when i try to program in get a fast flashing light on the PKFM
3. switch ignition power from truck, to security module ignition. if that fails. No change
4.switch from d2d to w2w No change
hitagain 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
I want to add that the pkfm install sheets say the truck should have the A style connector, my truck look more like the the b type.
banthonyb71 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
I think I see what might be going on.
switch back the rx and tx connections.
make "sure" u have ignition at the module. (we want to eliminate all "maybes"
not sure if u flashed the module or not but if u got it already flashed. try to confirm its flashed to pkfm firmware or if u have a xkloader reflash again.
leave it in w2w mode. As I said. u having trouble with this module does not suprise me. I have had to go through this same headache with these in the past. and w2w is less likely to fail than d2d.
when u are programming, look at the theft light on the dash, as soon as the theft light goes out, turn the key off (not before)
here is the big question. are u trying to program with 1 key or 2?
because. I've never been able to flash a pkfm using 1 key. unless they have just recently made this module capable of only 1 key.
I know the directions say 1 key but if you have 2 keys try doing it using #2 program. and yes, also not uncommon for directed to get the plugs mixed up. doesnt matter tho, as long as you have tx to tx, rx to rx and ignition to ignition. only thing that changes with different plugs is the order of the wires the functions are the same. and weve already confirmed order is not wrong when we reversed the rx and tx earlier.
banthonyb71 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
also, when you are attempting to remote start, as soon as you see the theft light blinking, that means programmed failed and its not going to start. so hit the brake, that way we dont lock up the security. u will know when the program works because the theft light will turn steady when u go to remote start. so if u she it flash, just hit the brake and start over.
banthonyb71 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
disregard what I said about flashing the module. I forgot this is a Solex Module.
hitagain 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
I cant even get to the programming part. as soon as i plug in the pkfm the dash light starts flashing fast and then it wont start even with the keys.
banthonyb71 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
sorry for all the posts, not trying to confuse you, but just trying to relay as much knowledge to you as possible, so you dont have to keep waiting for responses inbetween your install.
just wanted to note, that when you said.. you get a fast flashing light when u reverse the wires, that confirms 2 things.
1. the rx and tx connections (as you orginally had them) where correct. process of elimination.
2. That the module is working properly and is responding to inputs.
I'm really questioning this # of keys. I just confirmed with another installer that all pkfms hes installed in the past (always) used 2 keys.
However neither him or I have installed a pkfm lately because we've both stopped using the module, so either, the directions are wrong or directed has added 1 key only capable software to that module.
only way to confirm this is by trying the 2 key program. or if you only have 1 key, try 2 key program but use same key twice.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic