the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Keyless entry and alarm, 2002 Chevy Impala

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2015 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
H1/P1 - (-) 500mA Ground-when Armed output -      Use if you want a starter kill
H1/P2 - (+/-) Selectable Light flash output -     Parking lights
H1/P3 - (-) 200mA Channel 3 Validity Output -     additional output if you need an aux
H1/P4 - (-) 200mA Interior Light Illum. Output - not needed, unless you want interior lights to go on when unlocking. I believe the impala does this already.
H1/P5 - (-) Door Trigger Input -   Door Trigger wire
H1/P6 - (-) Multiplex trigger input - N/A
H1/p7 - (+) Door Trigger Input -   N/A
H1/P8 - (-) Chassis Ground input - Chassis
H1/P9 - (+) Ignition Input, Zone 5 - Vehicle ignition
H1/P10 - (+) Siren Output -        Siren positive wire
H1/P11 - (+) Constant 12 Volts -   12 Volt from ignition
H1/P12 - (-) 200mA Channel 2 Validity Output - Connect to relay or low current trigger if you have electronic trunk pop.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
drewart 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2015 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drewart
Thanks Ted! So to use the H1/P1 I would just need to ground it and utilize the starter interrupt harness that came in the kit?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2015 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
i don't use Directed products, but you need a relay
85 - ground when armed
86 - ignition input
cut starter wire in half
87a - key side
30 - car side
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2015 at 5:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You will need one relay for your lock/unlock wire to drive the resister.
drewart 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2015 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drewart
Okay, so I got it all wired up, but for some reason the DEI 451m isn't getting a big enough ground trigger for the doors to lock and unlock. I have the resistor between the vehicle lock/unlock wire and the 451. Also the trunk doesn't seem to be getting anything either. Any thoughts on the next step?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2015 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
The resistor goes on the blue/black unlock wire AFTER the 451 module. Then join the lock, GREEN/ black and unlock, blue/black together then extend to lock wire.
Trunk release:- BCM, grey 16 pin plug, pin A7.
451:-
Purple and PURPLE / black to ground.
WHITE/ black, BROWN / black don't use.
Blue/black and GREEN/ black to lock wire.
drewart 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2015 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drewart
Really? I thought the resistor went on the lock GREEN/ black wire. I'll give that a shot and follow up. For the truck I have it going to the solid black wire at the truck push button should I just go straight to the BCM?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2015 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You're quite right on the GREEN/ black, sorry.
No go to the BCM, you're probably hitting the high current output wire.
Check the voltage at red input and black ground, should be at least 12.4V+.
Bet you have a poor ground. Use an existing body bolt and scrape away any paintwork.
drewart 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2015 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drewart
Okay I'll see about getting to the grey on the BCM For the truck. Just looked at the fuse in line to ground on the 451 and it's blown. Not sure what caused that but it could be the problem lol
drewart 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2015 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote drewart
The fuse that was there was a 15 should it be a 20?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic