the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote start for Tundra 2009

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jacky_needhelp 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2015 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jacky_needhelp
Do I need to install a relay for a second starter, since my truck has two 12VDC. Planning to have it install tomorrow. Appreciate if anyone can respond.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2015 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Already explained. Look at my link on the previous page.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2015 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Test and Verify all wires with a DMM prior to making any connections
From you heavy gauge connector:
RED / Black, Red, RED / White, and the Red from the main harness as well as the DB-ALL, Pin 13, Red on the 14 pin connector, to 12 Volts constant...Black @ Dash Fuse Box
Pink to Ignition 1....Black @ Ignition Harness
Pink/White Ignition 2.....Light Green @ Ignition Harness
Violet Starter.....Green @ Ignition Harness
Orange Accessory.....Gray @ Ignition Harness.
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx
If Tundra is an automatic, ground the BLACK/ White(pin 13 from 24 pin harness) along with the Black from the 6 pin main harness.
I don't see anything that indicates the Tundra has a second starter so no relay needed.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2015 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Ah, Mr. Smoke, you beat me to the post.  Remote start for Tundra 2009 - Page 3 -- posted image.  But I spent so much time making a swell diagram, here goes anyway.

( It's just a rehash of your excellent info.)

Info from Bulldog Security :

12 VOLT CONSTANT    BLACK (+)            @ DASH FUSE BOX, WHITE 1-PIN PLUG (DA), Pin 1   
STARTER       GREEN (+)            @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 7    
IGNITION 1     BLACK (+)             @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 6   
IGNITION 2     LT. GREEN (+)      @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 1   
ACC/HEATER BLOWER 1      GRAY (+)   @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 2  

Info from ReadyRemote :

12volts        black (140A or 150A)    +          dash fuse box, white 1 pin plug (DA), pin 1
Starter         green  +           ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 7       
Ignition        black  + ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 6  
Second Ignition       lt. green  +       ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 1       
Accessory   gray  +   ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 2

Info from Omega :

Constant 12 volts BLACK       AT FUSE BLOCK
Ignition 12 volts     BLACK       @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter      GREEN      @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition #2   LT GREEN @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Accessory   GRAY         @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Audiovox has the exact same info :

All of the general wiring sources agree and that is exactly what I have found on the 2009 - 2010 Tundra's that I have done.  So, with

that info and your chosen Viper system, this is how I would make the ignition connections :

Remote Start, 8-pin connector

1 RED / BLACK (+) 12VDC CONSTANT BLACK (+)  @ DASH FUSE BOX, WHITE 1-PIN PLUG (DA), Pin 1
2 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A     not used
3 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY   LT. GREEN (+)      @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 1
4 RED (+) 12VDC CONSTANT INPUT   BLACK (+)   @ DASH FUSE BOX, WHITE 1-PIN PLUG (DA), Pin 1
5 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT         GREEN (+)   @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 7  
6 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT GRAY (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 2 
7 RED / WHITE (+) 12VDC CONSTANT INPUT   BLACK (+)             @ DASH FUSE BOX, WHITE 1-PIN PLUG (DA), Pin 1
8 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT   BLACK (+)   @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG, PIN 6
plus DB-ALL2 black 10 Pin plug, Pin 9 Pink 

As mentioned before, all the ignition wires at the ignition switch harnesses are 16 - 18 gauge so you could fuse down the three

H3 Red, RED / xxx  +12V constant input wires.  Personally, I would position the Viper near the fuse box and do it this way :

Remote start for Tundra 2009 - Page 3 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2015 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
I will add the diagram is not to scale Remote start for Tundra 2009 - Page 3 -- posted image. x2 with kreg though for a detailed post.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2015 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Well Kreg,   You always do the extensive research on these posts which is way more detailed then my post.
Nice diagram though. It's not often I beat you to a post. Remote start for Tundra 2009 - Page 3 -- posted image.
Anyway, I was just putting out enough info to get the guy started.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2015 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Those diagrams got me to thinking.
The earlier Clifford stuff, AG3/4/5 had separate fuses and much longer feed wires.
You could place the fuse correctly, that is within 4" of your source. The current DEI stuff has the fuses at the brain, WRONG!.
Apart from which the wire quality is awful on current product.
Sorry I listed a diagram with two starters, it was one I did a couple of years ago in another post, bloody heck I've never seen a bloody Tacoma.
Only ever done 1 Land Cruiser and what a PITA, PTS and you have to open up the BCM to get at TX and RX, not pre-wired as on North American versions.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2015 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
I rarely use the entire length of the constants. Often times I'm trimming off 3-6 inches if the wires go to the ignition. I have to agree that the current generation 5x0x series brains can use some work. Although an improvement on form factor, the colour coding system has gone to the gutter. Multiple wires of the same colour, no shading between them! I had benched prep a unit brought to me, and during the install; I was forced to cut open my prep just to trace my wires. This is only on the 5706/5906. The older 5901/2 early 5904/6 didn't have these problems.
Then again, I don't touch DEI flagships (viper/python/clifford) often.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
jacky_needhelp 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2015 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jacky_needhelp
My tundra does come with two starters and two 12VDC constant, 2 Ignitions, and an ACC. Testing with DMM this afternoon. This is why I am wondering if I need a relay for the second starter. I am sure I will need one relay if I have two starters. Asking you guys because I just want to be more than sure.
jacky_needhelp 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2015 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jacky_needhelp
Thanks kreg357 for the suggested wiring diagram
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic