the12volt.com spacer
icon

First time installing remote start. 93 accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
miscellaneous 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2015 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote miscellaneous
Good deal. Thanks kreg for dealing with me lol. I hooked it up the first time you said but hooked the pink/black wires and pink/wires with the violet and green starter wire. I know this may be uneccessary but so far everything that I have hooked up is functioning as it should. I plan on adding window functions, dome light etc which I'm sure I'll have to add relays and diodes. This is is a later plan when I do research and learn more about all of this alarm stuff. Btw are their DIY subforums here for specific year and models? I'd like to write up a DIY the forum since a lot of information I have gathered have been false information
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2015 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

There is a Pictorial section to this forum.  There you can post a detailed guide with pictures and charts for a specific vehicle ( like your 4th Gen Accord ).  I've made a few and while they are time consuming, from the feedback I've gotten, they are very helpful to those wishing to make an upgrade to their vehicle.  I'm sure others would benefit from your experience.

As a side note, I'm not sure exactly how your H3 harness is currently connected.  It seemed from the symptom you were listing that there was something wrong with the Vipers Starter relay affecting the Violet and Green wires ( the car wouldn't start with the key ).  That is why I suggested you switch to the Viper's unused Flex relay ( and reprogram the Viper ) for the Starter output.

Soldering is fun!
miscellaneous 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2015 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote miscellaneous
Maybe the viper alarm is ass backwards because I can hook it up as you normally stated from your very first post with the cut starter wire but instead leaving the violet and green starter wires unhooked and hook the pink/white pink/black to car side and keybside of the starter wire and can start it with the key. Not sure about the remote portion. It is a refurbished alarm so maybe that has something messed up in it... who knows.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2015 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Using the Flex relay ( Pink/White & Pink/Black ) for the cars starter wire, does it give you starter kill and anti-grind?
Soldering is fun!
miscellaneous 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2015 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote miscellaneous
What does starter kill and antigrind supposed to do? How do I tell if these functions work?
kreg357 
Posted: December 15, 2015 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Anti-grind :  Remote start the car.  After it is running for 30 seconds or so, depress the clutch pedal, insert the key and turn it to START.  Does the starter motor engage and grind?  Anti-grind prevents this by interrupting the starter wire while the engine is remote started.

Starter Kill :  Sit in the car with the engine off and all doors closed.  Lock and arm with the viper.  Wait a minute.  Depress the clutch pedal, insert the key and try to start the engine.  Does it crank?  Starter kill prevents the engine from being cranked / started by interrupting the starter wire while the Viper is locked / armed.

This was done by the Vipers starter relay and the Violet and Green wires on the H3 harness.  I was wondering if that is still true when using the flex relay set to Starter.

Soldering is fun!
miscellaneous 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2015 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote miscellaneous
I may have it hooked differently than you may think. I redisconnected the starter wire where you told me to hook the cut portion back up and connect the flex relay. Si right now the starter wire is cut with the violet and pink/white wires connected to car side. The green and pink/black wires connected to key side and the menu function set back to default. Starter kill does not work nor does antigrind. I failed to see if this feature worked.... I'll reconnect it the other way and set the menu starter to relay. As of now everything I've tested works besides the antgrind and starter kill. With the menu options I've set, the doors lock upon start and doors unlock with key off. If I remote start and open the door without using the unlock on the key fob the car shuts off and alarms. Doors lock and alarm arms after the last door is closed. Si everything else seems good so far.
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic