the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

04 Town and country Remote start rear defroster?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jcharley 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2016 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
Installing a Remote Start on 04 Chrysler Town and Country. I'm looking for the rear def wire location under the dash. I'm also trying to figure out if it is latched or not.
Thanks
Jeff
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
I'm pretty sure HVAC control is over data on that car, so you would have to go to the wire heading to the heating element, through a relay of course
DB/WHT Most likely in driver kick. Just test for it. Use a heavy duty relay. Fuse 13 in the IPM is 40A for it.
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 6:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
Is this the correct way to wire it. Converting negative to positive. https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page1.asp
Also what size wire should I use?
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
My other question is could just wire it straight to the switch and just pulse a signal to simulate the button being pressed
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
86 + 87   +12V Fused @ 40A 12awg should be fine, depending how long your run is. Run this wire from the battery. Put the fuse within 12" of battery
85        remote start defog wire - program latched
30        Defog wire going to window
You can only connect your starter wire to the switch if it is a switched ground wire connected to it, that comes out the back of the HVAC module. This isn't the case in your car.
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
I need 2 more relays 1 each for my 2 sliding doors can I use the same power wire for the other 2 relays as well as the defrost relay?
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Relays to unlock the doors, or are they power sliding, and you want to open them?
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
nevermind. I think you're talking about opening the power sliding doors.
The sliding doors look to communicated over a data bus to their modules again. Your bypass should be able to take care of all that.
I assume you're just going to use two aux outs from your prestige to the flashlogic, and the flashlogic should take it from there.
I've never used one myself, so I'm just reading the manuals as I'm typing this, but I don't see anything about additional relays.
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
My R/S is the Prestige 997e with flashlogic FLCAN Bypass. This is a copy from the manual
The light blue/green wire pulses to ground via an independent RF channel from the keychain transmitter.
This is a transistorized, low current output, and should only be used to drive an external relay coil.
WARNING!! Connecting the light blue/green to the high current switched output of trunk release circuits,
and some remote start trigger inputs, will damage the control module.
Connect the light blue/green to terminal 86 of a 30 A automotive relay, and wire the remaining relay con-
tacts to perform the selected function of channel 5.
This is why I assumed it needed a relay. The bypass calls for the sliding doors to be wired from the R/S to the Bypass I'm guessing just to choose the output channel. If this is the case does it only get wired to the bypass or does it also need to tap into the sliding door wiring?
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
That's true to a point. You have to use a relay to interface an aux out with a high current device.
Your aux out is a small -200 (or so) am wire, and your bypass door connection is also a (-) input. All the high current wires for the doors are between the door modules and the door actuators. assuming your bypass door input wires are of similar size to your aux wires (no reason they shouldn't be), you can connect them directly. No relay needed.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic