the12volt.com spacer
icon

529t single window problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
elc0314 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2016 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote elc0314
I'm having some trouble installing my 529t for the rear window on my del sol, I figured it would be easy considering I had no trouble with the 535t on the door windows but I'm running into a strange issue.
Currently I have power and ground hooked up, the green and blue wires running to the window motor and the white and brown wires running to the switch, but when I hit the switch in either direction I'm getting 12v on both green and blue wires (I didn't test this before connecting to motor) I had to disconnect one of the motor wires and ground it to get my window back up. Im assuming the 12v is coming through one wire and back into the unit through the other, either that or maybe I have a defective unit? Could this just be a bad ground to the unit? Or maybe I should try diodes on the motor side? I'll be back to messing with it after work but figured I'd see if anyone here has some insight that might point me in the right direction
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2016 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
Seems unlikely, but my first thought is you've lost the ground at the switch.
Does the 529t operate the window correctly? You didn't indicate if it does or doesn't.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2016 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Check the wiring diagram OP, something seems wrong with what you've done it doesn't feel right but also follow Davep's advice.
elc0314 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2016 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote elc0314
Just got home from work and started poking around. With one window wire disconnected it seems like the 529 is functioning as it should, it recieves 12v on the brown wire and sends 12v out through blue, same with white and green. If I connect one window wire to green and the other window wire to ground, leaving blue open, the window works(obviously direction depending on which window wire I ground). When both motor wires are connected, I'm picking up 6v on all 4 wires when the switch is triggered in either direction. I was thinking bad ground so after checking for continuity and having no trouble there I connected ground straight to the battery just to be damn sure, which didn't change anything. The diode thought was totally half baked, thinking more about that I don't see how I thought they would help.
elc0314 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2016 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote elc0314
Sorry for the double post, the forum won't let me edit until I hit 50 posts...
I havnt considered switch ground, although I have my doubts about that considering 3 things, one being the window did work 2 days ago in its stock form before I started this install. Second being the 529t has its own chassis ground, and only 2 input wires for the switch, and third being my other windows still work.
I've been staring at the diagram long enough to tell you what each wire is off the top of my head, but still not seeing anything wrong.
davep. 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2016 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
The 529t passes each wire from the switch through itself to the motor. The 529 puts B+ on one motor wire, but needs the switch to provide the ground for the other motor wire. I suspect the switch does not rest at ground.
I was unable to find a wiring diagram for a Del Sol. The year of your car would help. The only Del Sol I found was a 1995.
To not risk damaging your switch, try the following test.
Disconnect the white and brown wires. (Just leave the switch wires open)
Connect the white and brown wires to ground.
Activate the inputs.
Does the window go up and down with the 529t?
If = Yes:
Connect your volt meter across the loose switch wires.
Activate the switch UP, does the meter indicate 12 volts (Note the polarity!)?
If = Yes:
Activate the switch DOWN, does the meter indicate the opposite polarity of the UP direction?
If = Yes:
The switch does not rest at ground. You have a Type C system as outlined in the 529t Install Guide in the Download section. You have to add two relays to provide a ground that are triggered by the gray and gray/black wires. See the Install Guide.
If your switch does NOT rest at ground, and after looking at the Type C diagram, you still don't understand what you need to do with the relays, check back in and we'll diagram it.
Please let me know what you find. I'm curious.
elc0314 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2016 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote elc0314
It looks like I do have a type c circuit, the 535t seems to handle that differently. There's a good lesson learned about assuming things.
So I got 2 relays (RL45), and I'm having trouble understanding the instructions, I have them connected like this:
85-grey
86-12v constant
87-blue/window up
87a-ground
30-ground
Second relay:
85-grey/black
86-12v constant
87-GREEN/ window down
87a-ground
30-ground
Now I'm getting ~8v at all 4 wires when I press the switch in either direction, no clicking from the relays
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2016 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Not looked too closely but change around 87 and 30 and give 87 your fused POS source.
elc0314 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2016 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote elc0314
Swapping 87 and 30 on one relay allows the window to work one way, swapping on both blows a fuse... not sure understand where your going with giving 12v to 87....
Now it seems I have blown out my switch, all fuses are good and no longer recieving 12v at white or brown when switched in either direction, other 2 windows still work.
While connected as in my last post when I supplied ground to 85 the relay clicks and I was able to move the window in either direction, depending on which relay i controlled. So if I'm understanding this correctly the 529t is supposed to be grounding one grey wire depending on direction, which it is not doing... if that is how it's supposed to be functioning it looks like I need a new 529t and a new window switch529t single window problem -- posted image. 529t single window problem -- posted image.
davep. 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2016 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
NO Howie. We're establishing a GROUND. So no B+ to 87.
You made some mistakes. Here are the correct connections:
85-grey
86-12v constant
87-ground
87a-blue from 529t
30-window motor (wire that is (-) to go UP)
Second relay:
85-grey/black
86-12v constant
87-ground
87a-green from 528t
30-window motor (wire that is (-) to go DOWN).
Hook this all up as described above. Ground the orange OR ORANGE / black wires. The 629t should operate the window up or down with the brown and white wires disconnected.
I'm becoming concerned that you may have a switch problem.
Also: You have overlooked two questions I have, that the answers to would really help me help you.
What year is your Del Sol?
DOES the 529t make the window go up and down with the white and brown wires connected to ground, and the switch wires disconnected?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic