the12volt.com spacer
icon

Power folding mirrors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djhemmen 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djhemmen
lurch228 wrote:
djhemmen wrote:
So I'm finally back on this project. I have hooked the 528t's up like @howie II said to in this thread in post #5:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=122988
But my mirrors aren't folding or unfolding?
I have found the motor wires in each door. They rest at ground and while the mirror is in motion show 12V and continue to show 12V for 2-4 seconds after the mirror has completed opening or closing. The switch works even with the wires cut and the 528t's hooked up so I know power is passing through. On the 528t that has the blue loop cut the BLACK/ white wire shows roughly 5-6 volts all the time and on the other 528t the BLACK/ white wire shows roughly 11 volts all the time...should they show voltage? Any additional help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Both 528T BLACK/ white are connected to ignition and should show +12v when the ignition is on.
Thanks for the reply lurch228. Yes, I have the 2 528t's hooked up like Howie II said to. It just seems strange that the BLACK/ white wires show voltage even when the key is not in the ignition and when they aren't even hooked up to the ignition wire?? Should they show voltage all of the time? When I had the motor wires cut and the 528t's connected the switch to open and close the mirrors worked properly but the mirrors did not open and close with the ignition as they should?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2016 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Not sure never used them like this for power mirrors. Might want to shoot howie II a PM and see if he can shed some light on the issue.
Otherwise you could try the resistance method That I suggested to see if matching the switch resistance in the closed position across the reference 1.11 v blue/brown stripe to the blue wire in the plug when disconnected will close the mirrors.
djhemmen 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2016 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djhemmen
Back at it again today. Still cannot get the mirrors to fold/unfold.
I have the red and brown wires hooked up to 12V.
Black wires to ground.
BLACK/ white wire hooked up to ignition.
In the drivers door there is a blue(open) and pink(closed) wires.
On the 528t that has the blue loop cut I hooked up the orange wire to the pink switch side and the yellow wire to the pink mirror side. On the 528t with the blue loop not cut I hooked up the orange wire to the blue switch side and the yellow wire to the blue mirror side.
The mirrors work as they should with the cars folding switch. I can hear/feel the 528t's turning on as they should but the mirrors aren't folding/unfolding. I noticed that when the car is started and during the timer duration both the pink and blue mirror side wires show 12V while the pink and blue switch side wires show 0V but the blue switch side wire shows 12V for 1-3 seconds when the timer clicks off? The same applies to all wires when the ignitiin is turned off. Shouldn't only 1 motor side wire show 12V and the other show 0V during opening and vice versa during closing?
Any ideas on what to do next?
Thanks again for all the help so far...it is much appreciated!!!
djhemmen 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2016 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djhemmen
I also notice that both 528t's timers engage when the ignition is switched on and off. I thought only 1 engages when ignition is turned on to open the mirrors and the other engages when ignition is turned off to close the mirrors?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
The BLACK/ whites, I can't remember but did you diode them, did I suggest it?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
djhemmen wrote:
I also notice that both 528t's timers engage when the ignition is switched on and off. I thought only 1 engages when ignition is turned on to open the mirrors and the other engages when ignition is turned off to close the mirrors?
Cut blue loop will open mirrors when ignition supplies +12v, and the uncut blue loop will activate when the +12v goes away, ignition turned off closing mirrors. So they need to be wired accordingly.
Mirror Wire that tested positive when mirrors opening connected to yellow on cut blue loop 528T, and oppsite on other 528T for close.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Cut blue wire for mirror open.
Leave uncut for mirror fold"
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
lol
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
@howieII You gave the abridged (KISS) version.Power folding mirrors - Page 3 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 4:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
What did you expect? I'm at traffic lights!
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic