the12volt.com spacer
icon

Land rover discovery 2 stereo upgrade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
red baron 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2016 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote red baron
Hi guy, after much serching and not being able to find relevent infomation, i came across this site and hopefully you can help me.
I have a landrover discovery 2 1998 ES with the Harmom Kardon high stereo, i have replaced the stereo with a "kenwood kdc-x7000dab"
Now everything works, stalk controls ect ect, but i dont think it sounds as good as it should.
tHis is the wires that im using "https://incartec.co.uk/landrover/1343/1033/2047/165/Browser.aspx"
The problem i have is there is a hissing coming from the speakers, wasnt there before the HU swap.
I have turned all the gains down on the amplifier integration interface, and whilst its still there is barely noticable.
But if i remove the amplifier integration interface wiring it sounds so much better how i would expect it to, but the hissing is terrible.
i know reading through the net there is no easy fix for background noise, but any ideas of simply fixes
Thanks for your time
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 21, 2016 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
When you remove the interface harness are you using the deck's speaker wires or the RCA jacks?
red baron 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2016 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote red baron
Using the speaker wires, not the rca's
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 21, 2016 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
The adapter you posted the link to says it reduces speaker level signal to a lower level that can be used by the OEM amplifier. Try using the RCA jacks.
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 22, 2016 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Metra calls for the 70-9400 harness. It has RCA jacks. Some of their harnesses with RCA jacks do not work properly. I have never used this harness, it may be one of the few that work properly with RCA level signals.
http://metraonline.com/part/70-9400
red baron 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote red baron
Ok thanks for the advice, i brought a new bit of wiring and was hoping that it was per wired but its not, this is now what i have, any ideas of what wires go in to which hole
Land rover discovery 2 stereo upgrade -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Stab the pins exactly like your other harness. Put the white where the white is on the other one. Put WHITE/ black where the WHITE/ black is on the other one, and so on.
red baron 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote red baron
ok, but they all seem to be black in a photo i have (on the car side)and surely they have to be paired??
or am i just being stupid........
thanks in advance
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
I will look at work tomorrow and see if I have the Metra harness. If I do, I will take a pic of it.
red baron 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2016 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote red baron
that would be great , thanks so much for your help
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic