the12volt.com spacer
icon

Land rover discovery 2 stereo upgrade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
red baron 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2016 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote red baron
also, on "my" wires what colour is the + and whats -
cheers
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 25, 2016 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
I do not have that harness at work. I will check at our other store in the morning. If I do not have one, do you have a multimeter?
red baron 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote red baron
yes i do have a multi meter that has all the settings on it,not sure how to use all the other settings though
thanks
red baron 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote red baron
Do the black wires running from the RCAs end grounding?
Thanks in advance
red baron 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2016 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote red baron
Anyone Land rover discovery 2 stereo upgrade - Page 2 -- posted image. Land rover discovery 2 stereo upgrade - Page 2 -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
The black on the RCA connectors is the shield of the cables. Shield = Ground connection.
Set your meter to the Diode test or lowest ohm scale. Check from the chassis of the deck to the pins on back that the plug will plug into. Either the top or bottom row of pins will read very near a dead short. The other row will have a much higher reading. The row with the lower reading is where the shield connection is to be connected.
red baron 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote red baron
ok i think i have got it, will have a look in abit as the missus has just gone out in it, i will post up my finding
thanks in advance
red baron 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote red baron
sorry but i dont understand this bit "is where the shield connection is to be connected."Land rover discovery 2 stereo upgrade - Page 2 -- posted image.
red baron 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote red baron
so this is how the metre is setLand rover discovery 2 stereo upgrade - Page 2 -- posted image.
red baron 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote red baron
the reading appear to be similar
Land rover discovery 2 stereo upgrade - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic