the12volt.com spacer
icon

Python 1401 Additional System Features Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mpboddie 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpboddie
My connections are posted above in a previous reply.
I believe my 1401 may be slightly older than the manuals online. The factory included reference clearly has H3/1 PINK as the (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT wire.
If you think a faulty or incorrect ignition wire connection is likely to cause this, I'll triple check it once the sun comes back up.
mpboddie 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpboddie
Oh my bad, I see what you are saying lurch.
I wrote up my connection reply based on my notes. I knowI madea connection to the WHITE/ green at the ignition harness, which should be the heavy gauge pink (H3/1). I'll double check that ignition connection tomorrow. I may have put ignition 2 (H3/6) pink/white to it instead and connected pink to pink of the DBALL2.
Actually maybe I can check that now with a flashlight...
mpboddie 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpboddie
Alright, I just checked and I do have PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT going to the DBALL2 and PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 going to the ignition switch.
This now makes sense as to why it isn't work. I'll try to fix it in the morning and report back.
Thank you again!
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Yup No problem.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
All the required H3 Connections go to the vehicle not the DBALL,and are required unless you are activating a OEM (Factory) R/S.
No DBALL Diagram segmented connections need to be hooked up even if they are connected to solid wires for D2D mode they are all done thru data. Including the ignition between the R/S and DBALL!
mpboddie 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpboddie
Yeah but the diagram I'm going off of (Firmware GM5, Installation type 2) has solid lines from ignition and starter outputs on the R/S to the ignition and starter inputs on the DBALL2. I know all the dashed lines aren't required but these lines are solid.
Not that I or this documentation has been infallible...
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
R/S to DBALL (+)starter and ignition outputs, Will be in addition to connecting to the vehicle Ignition and Starter wires. That's why it shows a solid tied connection to the vehicle Symbol for both in the DBALL2 guide.
Python 1401 Additional System Features Problem - Page 2 -- posted image.
When you connect to the vehicle wires connect both to the Ignition and starter wires.
mpboddie 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpboddie
Success! Thanks to geepherder, howie, and lurch for helping out.
So I switch the connection I had for Pink and Pink/White from the R/S and that allowed me to get into programming. The diagram I had for the DBALL2 didn't have the tied connection like Lurch's previous post so I kept pink/white connected to the DBALL2 input rather than having it come from pink. If it works the way I think it does it is basically doing the same thing.
Also, I did not have the H3 red, RED / black, and RED / white wires connected (I believe lurch noted this before). I thought those wires weren't needed because they weren't explicitly mentioned in the DBALL2 instructions and D2D was able to use the existing power for starting. It is clear to me now that "12V Input" means all 12V inputs and not just the one simply labelled 12V input. Without these three wires connected if you try to remote start the system it tries to start it but it simply doesn't have any juice to do so, and it will try to start it 3 times due to failures.
That was probably more information than needed, but hopefully it will help someone as naive as myself. Thank again guys.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2016 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Your welcome.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic