the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Wiring in rear defrost for new remote starter (resolved)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awbooth 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2017 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
So I already hooked up the yellow black wire to the white "trigger" wire for the rear defrost switch... hopefully that didn't do any damage to the starter brain. If I use the orange white wire from the 12 pin wire harness will the remote starter automatically turn on the rear defrost or will I have to push a button on the fob to activate it after the car starts?
As it stands now with the yellow black wire hooked up to the rear defrost wire, when remotely starting the car the rear defrost button light does NIT come on. So with saying that I will check to see if there is power to the grid at the rear window as I may have it working as it stands. Thank you and let me know what I think I'm my questions when u have a chance,
awb
awbooth 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2017 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
Update!!
I was able to remote start the vehicle, probe the rear defrost grid wiring. GOOD NEWS! I found 12 volts going across the grid! So it looks like I have voltage going across the grid which means I'm all set!! Thank you very much for all your help!! It's great to know their are people out there willing to offer their time to help others!
Anthony
awb
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2017 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
Glad to hear everything is working.
If you used the ORANGE / white wire I suggested, you would get the same result, but the defrost would have been off during the starter crank, and come on automatically after cranking.
The only additional comment I would make is that you may wish to add a switch inline from the remote start signal to the defrost trigger, so that you can disable the defrost during warmer months.
Cheers!
Lectric Guy
awbooth 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2017 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
That's a good idea! Again, appreciate all your help. If you ever need contractors/handyman services send me a private message, I'll be happy to send you advice if need be. Thanks!
Anthony
awb
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic