the12volt.com spacer
icon

Detailed Viper 4115V instructions needed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
parkin80 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2017 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote parkin80
Hi everyone. I'm looking to install a Viper 4115V remote start system in to 1969 Jeep Wagoneer running 90's era Chevy TBI system with the 7747 ecm. The only accessories that will be added will be power door locks if I can successfully install them. There will be no alarm. I'm hoping someone can provide me with a more detailed installation plan. While I'm sure with enough time, frustration and popped fuses I can figure it out from the Quick Reference Install Guide, I'd really like more details. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2017 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The guide that comes with the Viper 4115V is very brief but should have enough info to do the install
being as it is a R/S unit with no alarm functions and the can only do an Unlock while the engine is
running under a remote start. The hard part will be your vehicles wiring. All of the R/S units are designed
for "newer" F.I. vehicles and there is little info to be found for your carbed Jeep. That being said it
shouldn't be real difficult to locate the necessary wires with a simple computer safe logic probe or Digital
Multi Meter.
Primary Harness, 9-pin connector
1 LIGHT GREEN BLACK (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM DISARM OUTPUT        not used
2 GREEN/WHITE (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM REARM OUTPUT          not used
3 YELLOW (+) IGNITION OUT (TO ALARM)     not used
4 WHITE/BLUE (-) ACTIVATION INPUT              not used
5 ORANGE (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN LOCKED/ANTI-GRIND OUTPUT           not used
6 BROWN (-) 200mA HORN OUTPUT   optional
7 RED/WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT **            not used
8 BLACK GROUND INPUT       Chassis Ground
9 WHITE (+/-) LIGHT FLASH OUTPUT*             
Remote Start harness, 5-pin connector
1 BLACK/WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT        Chassis Ground if Auto Trans**
2 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT        Suitable Tach signal
3 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT      (+) Brake wire at pedal
4 GRAY (-) HOOD PIN SWITCH SHUTDOWN INPUT   to kit supplied hood pin
5 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200 mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUTnot used
Heavy Gauge Relay, 6-pin connector
1 PINK OUTPUT TO PRIMARY IGNITION CIRCUIT   Jeep Ignition wire
2 PURPLE OUTPUT TO STARTER CIRCUIT Jeep Starter wire
3 ORANGE OUTPUT TO ACCESSORY CIRCUIT          Jeep Accessory wire
4 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT Suitable +12V constant
5 PINK/WHITE OUTPUT TO SECOND IGNITION/ACCESSORY CIRCUIT        optional***
6 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT Suitable +12V constant
Satellite harness - 4-pin connector
1 BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT not used
2 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUTnot used
3 PURPLE (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT        not used
4 PINK (-) 200mA IGNITION OUTPUT              not used
Here is a link to a decent video that explains the ignition wire functions and proper testing procedure :
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/installationvideo.html
You will have to test the Jeeps ignition wires to determine how many of each type you have ( IGN, ACC,
Starter ). The Viper can supply ones of each and has the capability to supply one extra IGFN or ACC wire
with the ***Pink/White wire and programming.   If you have more that 4 ignition type wires, you will need
30/40 Amp relays and use the Satellite harness outputs to control them.
* For the Parking Lights, test to see what type of signal is found at the Headlight switch, set the Viper's
jumper/fuse to the correct polarity and make the connection.
** If your Jeep has a manual transmission, the Viper 4115 is the wrong R/S unit and SHOULD NOT be
installed. You will need a MT safe R/S unit. They are more expensive but provide proper protection for
those MT vehicles.
Soldering is fun!
parkin80 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2017 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote parkin80
Thanks for the help. I got it installed and working. Only issues seem to be that the hood pop cut off isn't working and I'm not sure where to wire in the system cut off toggle switch. Just going by wire size and color coding I was thinking inline with the safety neutral/ ground wire, but I'm not sure.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2017 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You can test the Hood pin input by touching that Gray wire to chassis ground. That ground signal should shut down the remote started engine or prevent a remote start up.
You can add the switch inline on the Vipers Neutral safety wire. If / when the switch is open, the remote start function will be disabled.
Soldering is fun!
parkin80 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2017 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote parkin80
Yeah, I done realized the hood pin gremlin is an grounding issue. Now for some reason the brake cut off is giving me fits. It worked fine yesterday but today I went back and rerouted some wires to move them higher out of the way and then it started popping fuses when ever the brake pedal is pressed and wouldn't shut of the remote start. I removed the switch and hooked it back up and it stopped popping fuses but still won't shut off the remote start. When I ground out the Brown wire from the Viper unit with the test light it shuts off.
kreg357 
Posted: June 27, 2017 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The Viper Brown Brake input wire should need a (+) signal to shutdown the R/S'd engine. Guess you should double check all you connections. The Chassis Ground point should be with a soldered on terminal ring to solid frame with no rust or paint. All connections should be soldered and insulated with quality electric tape like Scotch Super 33+. Make sure all the Viper connectors are fully seated in place.
Soldering is fun!
parkin80 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2017 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote parkin80
I have the Viper Brown Brake wired up as it should be and I fixed the Hood Pin grounding issue. The problem actually seems to be in my column. I'm thinking I have a short somewhere. The turning signals are doing some funky stuff then stop working. Then one will work and the other won't. Wiggle the turning signal lever and then they swap. For a while yesterday step on the brakes and the both turning signal indicators would light up. Wiggle the lever more and then the Viper unit works perfectly. And add the fact the horn has never worked, I think I have an issue in my column. I really appreciate the help you have provided
kreg357 
Posted: June 27, 2017 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Hopefully a separate issue. It really doesn't sound like something the R/S system would create. If it is a new issue, double check any vehicle connectors you might have disconnected or moved / shifted around.
Soldering is fun!
parkin80 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2017 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote parkin80
No, I'm not saying the remote start caused it. I'm thinking my column might be causing issues with the remote start.
nadorp 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2017 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nadorp
I too am installing this system in my 03 Ford E150.
Could you please clarify this?
"* For the Parking Lights, test to see what type of signal is found at the Headlight switch, set the Viper's
jumper/fuse to the correct polarity and make the connection."
How do I test what type of signal I have, and how would I know the correct polarity to install the jumper?
One more question, please,
For the heavy gauge relay 6 pin connector. My van's wire harness has 2-12v input wires, 3-ignition wires, 2-accessary wires and 1-starter wire.
Do I need to use the satellite harness with relays? If i do, how would I install that, and what will I need to purchase?
Thanks so much!
Jim
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic