icon

Two 8 subs vs one 10 or 12

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awd_sr 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2002 at 5:25 AM / IP Logged  
sounds pretty sweet!  whatever u do, you gotta post pics at your page.  Is fleckstone that greyish black, blackish gray paint/speckled?
GlassWolf 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2002 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
yup that's the stuff. comes in single-can (automotive trunk paint they call it) or two-can/two-step versions.
very slick looking stuff when it's applied..
-GlassWolf
Pioneer Stage-4, Orion, DynAudio, Fi
awd_sr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2002 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
cool, where can I scoop this from?
GlassWolf 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2002 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
Any place like Wal-Mart or K-Mart should carry it in their spray-paint section. Home Depot is good too.
there's a picture of the fleckstone pattern here:
www.wickedcases.com/jeep/page3.html
-GlassWolf
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2002 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
yeah that stuff is really cool i love the way it looks ive put it on amp racks its nice, some neon and fleckstone and you got something real nice.Two 8 subs vs one 10 or 12 - Page 3 -- posted image.
awd_sr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2002 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
oh ok, thats the stuff.  hey GlassWolf, you really do have tons of space under there, alot more than I do... I'll take a pic today and update my page.
GlassWolf 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2002 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
yeah grand cherokees do have hella space under that rear bench, if you don't mind forsaking your tire jack heh
Anyway, I need to fit that 2125SX under one side, which takes the whole side, then probably a Lightning audio bolt b300.4, alpine 3401 parametric EQ, and maybe the orion preamp all under the other side. it'll still be a tight fit unless I move a piece or two elsewhere
-GlassWolf
awd_sr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2002 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
i put my MTX Thuder 280 amp and my Sony full din EQ under my rear seat on Sunday.  I left the jack on the other side.  It all fit nicely, but a flushmount board would REALLY look nice...;)
GlassWolf 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2002 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
sweetness :)
see my problem is this:
the Orion sub amp fits fine on the driver's side, but it takes the ENTIRE side haha
the 4-channel amp still needs to go in, so I'm thinking passenger side where the jack sits.
Then I'm thinking pull out the passenger front seat and mount the parametric to the floot there.
After all, once that puppy is tuned, it's set-and-forget. never need to see it again.
That only leaves me needing a place for the orion pre-amp which will fit right in nestled with the 4-channel amp on the passenger side.
I'll be using second-order passive crossovers for all speakers in the setup. 12dB/octave roll-off on front and rear doors @ 4 ohms, and the same but at 2 ohms for the subs (pair of 12" subs in an iso-vented box)
That way no need to find a home for another electronic xover. the Alpine 3339 will function as the "splitter" for the amps. sub-output to the sub amp, and 4-channel high-pass out to the 4-channel amp for the doors.
heck, doing that I may not even need the passive xovers as they add more phase shift anyway
we'll see
-GlassWolf
awd_sr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2002 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
I mounted the tuner for my Clarion Auto PC to a carpeted board under my drivers side seat.  The board is big enough that it cant be removed without taking out the seat.   I never like drilling through the floor of my ride for some reason, but that would probably be the best way to do it.  What do you have in that pocket in the cargo area?  Maybe there's a way to mount something there?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic